epilogue

18+ warning - smut

One Year Later

        Amelia pushed the key into the lock of her apartment door, twisting it to the right as she walked inside. It had been another long, grueling day of helping patients work through their troubles, and the migraine building behind her eyes felt as though it couldn't possibly get any bigger. 

        The practice she had opened six months ago was booming - once people had caught wind that Amelia had helped the problematic Winter Soldier, her popularity as a therapist nearly tripled overnight. Everyone wanted to come see her, even those from other states would fly to New York just to ensure that she would be their therapist. 

        It was exciting - and exhausting

      The aroma of something delicious drifted from the kitchen, Amelia's empty stomach making her trail after the smell hungrily until she entered the kitchen to see James standing in front of the stove. His back muscles glistened under the overhead light, his sweatpants hung to his hips just barely, exposing every inch of his defined back. His dark hair, which had grown a few inches over the past year despite his attempts to keep up with it, was pulled back into a bun.

        "What are you cooking?" Amelia questioned hastily, walking over towards him, skipping any greetings as her stomach growled furiously. 

        "There's my girl," James grinned widely, flickering his blue eyes towards Amelia before glancing down at the mouthwatering lasagna that he had just taken out of the oven. "Only your favorite, of course." 

        Amelia's eyes rolled into the back of her head in relief as she inhaled the aroma of the pasta once more. "You're an angel, James. I'm starving." 

        James chuckled lightly as he scooped some lasagna onto a white, round plate and whisked Amelia over to the bar by her elbow, gently helping her slide into the bar-stool. "Eat," he ordered teasingly, his eyes narrowing playfully towards her smirking face. "I see you skipped lunch again, do you remember what I told you would happen if you didn't start making time for lunch at work?" 

        Amelia lifted one corner of her lip as she stabbed into the pasta with her fork, stuffing it into her mouth and finishing the bite before peering up at James innocently. "Hmm, refresh my memory?" 

        "I told you that I would bend you over my knee and spank you until you were screaming my name." 

        Just hearing James say those words again made Amelia squirm excitedly in her seat. Suppressing her eager smile, she stuffed another bite into her mouth as she averted his penetrating stare.

        "I'm still holding you to that," she murmured quietly after a few moments. 

        "Don't tease me, Amelia." 

        Her hazel eyes glanced up once more as she raised her eyebrow tauntingly. "Me? I would never." 

        A year ago, Amelia would have never guessed what kind of things James had stored deep down inside of him - things that he had kept dormant over the many years that he wasn't himself. Every now and then, little pieces of dominance would flare up in their sex life, and Amelia loved every bit of it.