17

Victoria's POV

"Do you feel any better?" Jake asked. I ended up crying a little when we got here, out of frustration and tiredness. I had been doing nothing the entire day, but I still had a sleep schedule and I needed to sleep.

I nodded my head on his lap. I loved when Jake stroked my hair, it was different from Ross' touch. I mean, he didn't usually do it, but when he did, his fingers would sometimes get tangled on my hair? And Jake's touch was softer. After all, he was the softest one of the Caruso's, wasn't he?

"Why don't we take a nap, hm?"

"I don't feel little, Jake" I said, unconsciously yawning. I heard him chuckle and kept stroking my hair.

"Sorry, my bad"

"Can I ask what happened downstairs?"

Jake sighed. He clearly didn't want to talk about these stuff with me, just like his brothers. Part of me hated that, but on the other hand, I didn't really want to know what kind of work these mafia did.

He stared off into space for some seconds, probably deciding what to say. I just snuggled further to his lap.

"Look, Vicky. We don't really talk work stuff with you because it's... it's hard, and trust me you wouldn't like it. What happened downstairs... well" Jake looked at me, "Ross isn't usually like this. Whenever he has to deal with something big, he gets upset and really angry. Still, he shouldn't have told you that, bab- Vicky"

I processed his words for a little while. I wasn't mad at Ross for speaking to me like that, but I was confused and shocked. To say this mafia thing would be so stressful is an understatement, but I wasn't expecting him to act the way he did.

His eyes were filled with anger and he seemed tired, too. I wanted that to go away, but I couldn't if he wouldn't let me. I let out a sigh, suddenly having a headache. I didn't know I was holding in too many emotions until now.

"I guess it's okay" I said, "I'm not mad at him. He just... scared me. I think the best would be not to bother him for today"

"You wouldn't bother him. Or any of us, to be honest" Jake rubbed my back a little, making me hum at it. "He's just stressed, but it's funny. Last time someone tried to talk to him in that state, the guy ended up with a broken ar- doesn't matter. The point is, you don't need to worry about this too much. I'm sure Ross will make it up for you, and he knows that it was wrong"

"Thanks, Jake. For everything"

He chuckled and continued stroking my hair, covering me more with the blanket. We stayed on silence for a couple seconds, when he finally spoke.

"Well, now you should take a nap. Isn't it past your naptime?"

"Mhm. Can you sleep with me, please?" I asked, hoping he'd say yes. I admit it, I was feeling littler than before.

"Of course, baby. Come here"

Jake pulled me to his arms as we both laid on the bed. I loved his perfume, it was something that relaxed me the most about him. Just like that, I instantly dozed off.

...

I woke up shortly after Jake and I's conversation. It was about... 4 pm. My slight headache had disappeared, and Jake was still by my side. I felt bad for making him stay, because even if he was too busy, he still napped with me.

I couldn't help it, though. I really needed him, I was so upset at everyone and everything. Jake was like an older brother, and I loved that, so... it was nice to be with him.