| 82 |

I stare down at the food on the plate that Tiff made me that consists of the cafeteria food. In the biggest section there is a ham and cheese sandwich cut in half, next to that is a cut up apple and in one other small section there's a chocolate chip cookie. I've stared at the food for the last fifteen minutes, all of the items having one, small bite out of each of them, all because Tiff wouldn't leave me until I ate something. Since she's been gone, I haven't had another bite of anything.

  It's been a couple of hours since everything happened this morning, and I've been avoiding going to Harry's floor since. Zayn informed me that he was stable and that was enough for right now. I want to see Harry, I do, but I can't process anything with him staring me down from his hospital bed. I need to think of everything on my own, without wanting to overlook it all when I see him. This isn't like any of the other times he relapsed, this time he almost died. This time he was sent to a hospital and went into an emergency surgery to get all of the shit out of his system. This time has to be the last. Or else he won't make it to twenty five.

   "He's been asking for you for two hours." I glance up at the sound of a gentle voice, to find Harry's adoptive mother stood at the other side of the circular table that I'm sat at. I can tell by the way her cheeks are stained with tears streaks and how her eyes are puffy and red, that she's been crying quite a bit. I shrug my shoulders lightly as I pinch the edge of my plate, avoiding her gaze completely.

   "I need some time. I can't think when I'm around him." I answer after a moment, hearing her sigh quietly in return. I drop my hands from the table and down to my lap, my eyes nervously scanning over my plate in desperate search for something to focus on rather than her. The chair opposite of mine screeches against the floor as she pulls it out and fills it with her body, her shaky hands folding on the surface of the table.

   "My name is Katherine, I don't think we've officially met yet." She changes the subject so casually it throws me for a loop. I push away my confusion as I give her a small smile, finally meeting her soft gaze. Her eyes are a hazel color mixed with gold, the complete opposite of Harry's foresty green ones. "Ross and I adopted Harry when he was younger." She continues softly, her voice smooth and filled with ease.

"Clover." I respond. "Harry probably never told you about me." I add on quietly, vividly remembering how he never talked about his family to me. He still doesn't, and I'm not sure if I would've ever met them if this didn't happen. I hear the small laugh that escapes Katherine lips which causes me to look up at her. She's smiling at me with what looks like a mix of sympathy and disbelief.

"I've known about you for a while," She tells me, my heart doing a small flutter in my chest. It feels so good to feel something other than sadness, even if it's just for a moment. "He called a few months back, in June I think, and it was the first time he'd sounded genuinely happy." Her words cause my heart to ache in my chest. June was a good month, Harry was completely sober, we were happy, it was summer. "He loves you Clover, and I know right now it seems like things aren't going the way they're supposed to, but you both need time." She voices lowly.

   "I want to be there for him, I'm trying but he keeps pushing me away." I mutter, my teeth chewing the inside of my cheek as I stare down at the sad plate of food. I hear Katherine sigh quietly. "But you're right, we need time. It's just, we've tried that." I explain, glancing up to find her soft gaze. "We've tried space multiple times, we're supposed to be broken up right now, but it never goes the way it should. Harry and I rely on one another, as bad as it is. He's stubborn and I just can't say no to him." I breathe, a small grin crawling onto Katherines lips.