Chapter 33: Bring Him Down

A/N: I'm hinting Dabi's identity in this chapter, but it will be revealed some time in future chapters. This will be the only manga spoiler in this book, I tried avoiding using it but it makes this book spicy 😭

"The heroes are trying to retain their image. It's only tarnished because of how the conclusion of the past few fights have turned out" I spoke, braiding Eri's hair, since she had fallen asleep on me. 

I was with the original members of the league, while the released prisoners were staying at the warehouse until further notice. 

"So that's why you're choosing now as the time to reveal their past crimes to the public, to bring them down even more" Dabi concluded. 

"That's right, but this will also bring a war to us. And I need everyone ready for it, there's no avoiding a fight" I said. 

"That reminds me, we can't be leaving those criminals unsupervised" Shigaraki added, his figure free from the hands that burdened him. It seemed like he had a weight lifted from his shoulders ever since he spoke against All for One. 

"Kurogiri's watching them right now, but I suppose they still can't be trusted. That's the only reason I haven't brought them here so they could hideout" I agreed, leaning my head back to rest on the cushion of the couch. 

"How do you plan on revealing their crimes to the public? And can you be 100% sure that the public will believe you?" Compress added to the conversation. 

"I have some bodycams of the incident. Even if they think the footage is tampered with, it'll peak their curiosity. And they'll too seek the truth from the heroes themselves. Once they find out for themselves, they'll see us as the resistance instead of terrorists" I explained. 

"How will you tell everyone about what happened and the video proof though? Getting the news around, we'll have to cause of a lot attention" Spinner questioned. 

"And who knows if they'll even listen? Just randomly appearing with this type of news? They might just turn their heads the other way" Shigaraki added.

"I have an idea, but I'm not telling you" I said while crossing my arms like a child. The others deadpanned at this while my grandma laughed at my response to the serious question. 

"Y/N, let's go" Dabi sighed, getting up from his chair. I got up while lifting Eri in my arms, walking over to my grandma and placing her in her lap.

Dabi and I wordlessly walked out the door, Nacho flying to my shoulder before I closed the door. 

"I know you have a plan for an attention grabber, and I already know what it is. I'm in, if you're looking for my approval" Dabi spoke out, his hands in his pockets. 

"It's not my place to force you to tell the world about your past. I can think of something else" I dismissed, looking ahead as we walked. 

"Like I said before. I'm all for your plan, I give you my full support no matter what" Dabi replied, looking at me as I kept looking forward. 

"You're my brother, Y/N. I see you as that more than the actual ones" Dabi admitted, making me stop walking. I looked at him this time, my expression indifferent while Dabi stopped a few feet away from me, his back facing me this time.