CHAPTER 5

I AM BACK!

I missed writing and your feedback guys..!

Now I'll update this book!

CHAPTER 5

Sarah waited for a taxi t stop, but during the rush hours in the morning in New York, this was impossible. She had to reach the hotel where the fashion show was going to take place. She was still so much nervous about walking down the ramp. She wanted to stay hidden, away from the prying eyes. But she could not stay hidden forever. She had bills to pay even though her parents had suggested to help her, but she was at odds with her grandfather, hence she refused to take any help from them. But she ended up staying in Aviarj's penthouse solely because of safety reasons. She wanted to live, not to become a victim of ill fate because of her stubbornness. 

Sarah groaned when she saw Chris Jones the other day when she went for an interview. Aviraj had told her that he sent her resume to many fashion firms behind her back, but only DeJones  Fashion House called her for an interview. She was mad at her cousin who was overprotective. But Aviraj was skilled at convincing her to show up for the interview. Also, she didn't want to pass up the opportunity to irk Chris Jones. That handsome brute had thought he would win all the arguments, but he had never met someone like her before. And now, that handsome jerk had convinced her to model in his sister's fashion show. 

She wanted to live away from prying eyes, for god's sake!

She had a lot on her plate. 

"Well, well... well... look who I ran into?"

Sarah jumped a little when she heard a voice so damn near her ear. She didn't realize someone had stood behind her. With a wild-beating heart, she turned around, and within seconds her expression changed from shock to pissed. Chris Jones stood there with a cocky smirk, which had started to irritate her, on his face.

"Are you stalking me?" she asked with a hint of accusation in her voice. She wasn't to blame because this whole scenario seemed like that. But then she scoffed at her thoughts.

Chris Jones... stalking her! It sounded dumb even in her thoughts because she knew he had better things to do. Like crushing the confidence of newly graduated designers and butting heads with fiercely independent women.

She groaned inwardly when she remembered their encounter three months ago. Meanwhile, Chris had his eyes squinted on her, trying to read her thoughts. The way he looked at her, Sarah was almost convinced he had some mind-reading abilities. A slow and sly smirk formed on his face, showing the devil inside him.

"What if I'm stalking you. Would you go to the police and have me arrested?" he asked innocently.

Sarah blinked in confusion. This wasn't the response she had expected. 

"Oh! But that would be futile because you have no proof." Chris continued with a damn cocky smirk on his face.

Sarah shook her head and reminded herself that it was not safe arguing with the same man who'd employed her. She needed this job to lay low and to pay the bills. Butting heads with literal billionaires had to wait.

Without saying anything, she turned away and looked at her left for a cab. She heaved a frustrated sigh when she felt a light pat on her shoulder. "What are you doing here, by the way?" he asked.

"I could ask you the same question." She stood on her toes to look for a vacant taxi. New York traffic was brutal during rush hours.

"Would you believe me if I told you I owned this building?" he asked a question instead of answering her.