fifty-six: time of death

chapter fifty-six❝ you're not half the man you think you are ❞time of death

chapter fifty-six
you're not half the man you think you are
time of death

━━━━༺❀༻━━━━

Kennedy sat on Malia's bed, the Tate holding up Kennedy's skirt. "Why is it red?"

"Because it's called fashion, which you lack," Kennedy chimes sarcastically. The two girls smiled as Kennedy sighed.

Malia purses her lips together. "Have you talked to them?" She asks. The two girls had been ignoring the phone calls from their friends. Kennedy had decided to spend the night at the Tate house, knowing Malia was the only person who had never lied to her.

Aside from Allison.

Kennedy looks up, "I'm gonna go get some air," Kennedy says softly. Malia nods, letting Kennedy walk out of her room, and down the hall.

Outside, the moon shined down on the Hale as she sat on the deck of the Tate household. She fiddled with her gold bracelet, looking at the arrow in thought. "The last time I did this, I was talking to my homicidal dad," Kennedy whispers, chuckling to herself. She looks up, her eyes glossy. "Alli, so much has happened since you've been gone." The Hale looks down, fighting back tears. "Stiles and I stayed broken up. I went to Paris, then London. I almost killed someone. I came home. Stiles and I got back together. Your aunt is alive, but you probably know that. And now there's assassins trying to kill all of my friends, and now I found out my dads a cheating scum bag and it's no wonder why my mom almost left him," Kennedy looks at the sky again, swallowing the hard lump in her throat. "I wish you were here. I really need you right now, Allison. I just need my best friend."

༺❀༻

Kennedy and Malia sat in the Hale's car. "Wait, so what are we doing?" Malia asks in confusion.

Kennedy looks at the Tate, "Well, first, I thought you and I could get coffee, and then we're going to the vault." She explains.

"And then what?"

"Well, first, we'll try and get you to open the vault yourself. Because only Hale's can open the vault," Kennedy trailed off, nodding her head back and forth.

Malia chimes in, "And if I can't open the vault, I'm not a Hale!" She exclaims. Kennedy snaps her fingers, nodding. "But if I can open it,"

Kennedy shrugs, "Then I might kill my dad, lose my alpha status, you can teach me how to turn into a wolf wolf, and you can turn into a coyote, and we can run around the woods for the rest of our boring long lives." She explains, pulling into the drive thru of a coffee shop.