77| A pen-drive

ROBERT KING'S POV

ROBERT KING'S POV

Helpless.

That's how I felt when I saw my daughter getting abducted right in front of my eyes. The feeling of being a total failure haunted me ever since, as it is engulfing me completely.

I couldn't help but blame myself over and over as I failed to keep her safe and protected, yet again.

Seeing her taken away from me made me feel as if a piece of myself had been painfully ripped apart, and a rush of burning pain surged through my body.

Not just her, but it was also painful to see Lucca taken away. I may only be his uncle, but I've seen that boy grow up and he's basically my own child.

Every part of me felt powerless. My entire world seemed to be collapsing around me, and my heart was wrenching in pain.

Horrific images of them getting hurt filled my mind, leaving me completely restless. My heart was yearning to get them back home safely.

The reality of their absence left an earth shattering impact on every single member of this family.

The fact that it was impossible to find them any time soon, because we had no clue about our enemies, didn't stop a single person from searching and searching, looking anywhere and everywhere while not even taking a second of rest as everyone needs to get them back before anything drastic and irrevocable happens.

Twelve hours— it has been twelve hours since they were taken away from us, and everything is falling apart since then, the ambience of distraught had filled the air in the mansion leaving everyone feeling lost.

There has been an eerie calmness in our frantic search and it is alot scary knowing that the more calm everyone is, the more enraged they felt and it definitely wasn't good for anybody else.

Dad and my brothers had been calling every single one of our allies, informing them about our situation, and they all had sent their men in search and lookout for our mafia's lost prince and princess.

Alexander, Dante, Vincenzo and Elijah are the only ones among the rest of their brothers who have managed to keep their anger at bay as they had busied themselves searching every nook and cranny in this world, exhausting every possible trick up their sleeves as they searched for any possible lead on those two.

Emilio, Matthew and I had been working with the guards, creating and formulating plans and strategies for the rescue, anticipating every possible wrong situation that could occur.

Max and Enzo had been treating the injured men from the earlier ambush, with the ladies helping them while still managing to keep themselves together.

The younger guys are trying to help whoever they can. Surprisingly Mason and Gianni have somehow managed to not lash out and they are actually trying to rack their brains in search for any clue they could find till now.