25 - Demon Lord Enkanta [FINAL]

Why was she abducted even though Icya was scheduled to be delivered to the demons?

Despite the plans for the princess of the Iclylic Kingdom, Icya, to be delivered to the demons, she was abducted through some sort of dark teleportation magic. This occurred as a result of the king's failure to protect her.

As Icya observed the scene, she caught a glimpse of a white goddess who effortlessly defeated her weak father and knights. The sight of the powerful goddess filled her with admiration and envy.

"Ahh... I wanna be like her!" she thought to herself.

While she watched from a safe location, her focus was solely on the goddess and she paid no attention to her surroundings. It was not until the goddess disappeared and she noticed the countless wriggling black arms enveloping her that she realized the danger she was in.

"Help! Someone please help me!" Icya cried out.

But her pleas for assistance went unheard as the wriggling black arms enveloped her whole body in mere seconds. She was wrapped in a black, sticky pupa-like substance and absorbed into an abyss pit hole.

"Where am I? What's happening?" Icya thought in fear and confusion as she was sucked into the abyss.

The king and his knights were unaware of the incident until it was too late. They searched frantically for the princess, but to no avail.

"Where is Icya? Where did she go?" the king exclaimed in desperation.

It was only then that the truth of the abduction was revealed and the king was left to bear the weight of his failure to protect his loveones.

---------

Luna, who had originally planned to head for the Iferanda Mountains via the woods, decided to change her course and head northwest instead.

The demonic city, located on the hilltop of the mountain, was heavily fortified with an estimated demon population of hundreds. A smaller demonic city had also been constructed alongside the twisting mountain trail.

Carrying her briefcase, Luna knew that the Demon Lord or her high-ranking subordinates were likely looking for her. To avoid detection, she had planned to purchase a veiled hat in the Central City before embarking on her journey towards the forbidden and fearsome Demonic City with her face concealed.

The now demon-infested city had once been known as the greatest city of all Iclylic Kingdom.

It was a warm, eerily calm day as Luna approached the castle. She found the castle guards to be quite lax, as they allowed her to pass along with the other knights and warriors who were traveling to the castle for work. They likely did not yet know her identity.

Although they eyed her svelte figure and unusual white clothes, they didn't stop her, but instead made crude comments as they ran off.

Perhaps, they didn't want to have any issues with a lecturer, and/or their instincts told them that she was someone who must not be messed with, considering that she was traveling alone and wearing expensive clothing.

Luna escapes unnoticed and walked up the road lined with colorless commoners' houses and a few shops on either side.

As she walked, she evaluated the king, the five dukes, and his subjects quite highly for their feat of establishing peace in such a location surrounded by demons. Thanks to the efforts of Homer and his companions the commoners were able to live safely inside the city. Although there was still the risk of getting attacked by monsters and played by a demon, it was much safer than in times of war.