Epilogue

Tucker hated parties.

More so when he was the centre of attention. Even though Aurora kept reminding him how important such events were for networking, he truly couldn't care less. But now that he was recently appointed as the youngest US Attorney, he had some obligations to fulfil no matter how much he hated them.

Tucker had always been a man with great ambition, and in the last few years he threw himself into his work more than ever before. And it all paid off. Despite both his personal problems, and general prejudice and discrimination, Tucker paved his way to the top.

One of the reasons Tucker hated such parties was because they reminded him of the man he had been desperately trying to forget the last few years. The man he hadn't spoken to, or heard about in god knows how long now.

But even now, whenever he saw a tall man with fair skin and dirty blonde hair, for a split second Tucker would think that it's him. But it never was.

"Congratulations, man," Landon grinned as he hugged Tucker, whispering in his ear before pulling away, "Beer and wings on you this saturday."

"You got it." Tucker chuckled, gently shaking his head. Some things never change. Tucker looked around as Nolan and Landon talked to each other.

Tucker smiled when he saw Paige wiping something off Dan's tie as she angrily kept mouthing, no doubt scolding him for being so clumsy. He didn't have to look too far to see Divij and Isaac with shiny rings on their fingers as they spoke to each other with the same compassion in their eyes that Tucker saw years ago.

Aurora too, was holding hands with Jaime as they spoke to an investor that Tucker had especially invited since he knew he would be interested in funding the restaurant that Jaime wanted to open.

Things were good. Things were happy. And maybe parties weren't half bad. So, Tucker excused himself to go grab a drink.

"Whiskey. Neat." Tucker said. And so did another voice almost simultaneously.

Tucker whipped his head to the side, and looked at the man that was already looking at him. And just like that, things began again.

***

[edit : check out bonus chapter #2 for a continuation of the epilogue]

I was going to post this tomorrow but I couldn't wait soooo yeah. that's the end of nothing but hate, I don't think I've ever enjoyed writing a book as much as I did this one. and as you can see, I love it when things come a full circle.

if anyone has any questions, feedback or requests for extras, then comment here or feel free to message me!!

thank you so much for being such amazing readers, whenever I lost motivation to write it were the comments that kept me going. they mean a lot!