1: Prologue

Kyoshi warriors above.

The queen of the earth nation, Hou-Ting had visited the avatar at the morning.

The avatar and her team were suspecting that the Queen had arrested all of the air benders for her army.

But avatar Korra wanted the air benders to be given a choice to train and join the air nation.

A poor nation which was wiped out by the fire nation nearly 180 years ago. All the air benders, women, men, children and seniors had faced terrible deaths by the hands of the fire nation's soldiers during Sozin's comet.

And why that ?

Because the avatar was an air bender.

Avatar Aang.

He run away to hide. Ended up frozen with his bison for 100 years.

However, the next avatar, avatar Korra by opening the portals, restored balance.

Random people started air bending without warning, meaning that Tenzin, the smaller son of Aang and Katara, and his 5 children, one with Lin and four with Pema aren't the last air benders.

However, there are still only two masters of air bending.

Tenzin and his older daughter, Kitiara.

Kitiara, daughter of the first master of air bending after 100 years, Tenzin and Lin Beifong, chief of Republic City's police.

Kitiara left Republic City at the age of 12 to follow her dream.

She wanted to become the first kyoshi warrior bending the air for the last 150 years and who knew ?

Maybe more.

Kitiara looked like her mother a lot. Same color (brown) and length hair, same color (green) eyes.

She was a mini Lin Beifong without the makeup and the armor.

Both of her parents loved her. Even if her father broke up with her mother to have relationship with a non bending woman, Pema.

Together, they had four children Jinora, Ikki, Meelo and Rohan.

Kitiara was against the new relationship of her father's. She wanted her family united and tried so hard to bring her parents together.

But they were never meant to be.

They couldn't go along as a couple.

Lin being too stubborn sometimes for compromises and Tenzin not agreeing with Lin for various reasons broke them apart.

One of them was how should they raise their own child.

Tenzin didn't want his daughter to end up being a fighter. An air bender is against violence and killing.

However Lin wanted the exact opposite. She wanted Kitiara to train at combat so one day mother and daughter would be able to fight alongside each other. She wanted someone to trust at keeping Republic City safe.

They disagreed. They dueled. They were loving parents but when they were fighting, blinded by their anger, they were doing things that they later regretted.

They dueled in front of Kitiara.

Kitiara saw her own parents using their bending abilities against one another.

She knew that she was the reason for most of their fights.

At the age of 8, Kitiara put some rules. She had already being trained as an air bender by her father and in combat by her mother but she made some things clear.

If they couldn't decide for herself, she would.

She said that she wanted the trainings to continue as they were but that in the end, she would be the one who would make the decision for her future.

She would decide what she wanted to be.

And she did.

At the age of 10, she came up with the idea of becoming a kyoshi warrior.

Both of her parents combined their powers to convince her otherwise, to talk her out of this.

No one succeeded.

The plan was to get her tattoos and then leave the City.

It obviously pained her that she would leave her homeland, parents and best friend.

Asami Sato.

They first met during a meeting that her mom and Asami's father had.

After this, they pretty liked each other and requested to see each other more.

Asami's father allowed his daughter to pass some days at the police station with her air bender friend.

Asami supported Kitiara's decision and the two friends promised to exchange letters and never lose contact.

And they did as they promised. Once a month they were writing down their adventures, thoughts, experiences, new friends of theirs and generally everything.

Through Asami's letters Kitiara knew exactly what her mother, father, her half siblings and avatar were doing.

She grew really worried due to Amon, Vaatu and Unalaq.

Asami knew about all the missions, details of actions and the reasons behind them that Kitiara did. She knew about Kitiara's trip to Zaofu to meet her aunt, uncle and cousins years prior.

Both of them were collecting each other's letters like they were some weird kind of treasure.

They were for them indeed.

*edited x2*