c h a p t e r - 8

We live in a world filled with old books, cups of tea sipped over conversations with a friend, music waiting to be heard, and endless questions longing to be answered.

There are so many marvelous things around us all the time, and it can be so pleasant to slow down for a moment to take them all in.

***

Sean looked like he was ready to run but Alex pulled him back and pushed him on the ground which caused him looking more scared than he already was.

I looked at Blair and gave her a signal to take Astoria away from here.

Which she quickly understood and helped Astoria as she had got a pretty bad hurt on her ankles and knees.

I saw Noah moving towards those two and probably he saw me looking at him so he made his way towards me.

"Are you okay, he didn't hurt you, did he??" he looked concerned like a big brother which made me smile brightly at him.

"No, I am okay. But Alex looks pretty angry, he won't fight him, right?" I asked hoping he would say no.

"I dunno, it's upon him though he will be angry cause that asshole almost hit you, if it would've been anyone else, he wouldn't have interfered most likely but it was you."

He grinned in a teasing way while speaking the last line which I didn't really understand.

Or I didn't wanna understand and make myself over confident.

I just rolled my eyes and said, "Can you go and help Blair, she is with that another girl who we helped and caused chaos here?"

I said looking around at the crowd who most likely were surrounded by people who were wanting a fight.

He nodded and went towards the direction they went and I looked at Alex who had held Sean by his collar and was speaking to him something which was inaudible to me.

Sean smirked and replied something back which made Alex lose the little control he had left, and he punched his nose.

I somehow knew if I didn't go over there the fight could get serious.

I quickly moved towards there saying excuse me to the people I had to push to move forward.

I held Alex's hand and made him look towards me.

"Leave him now, let's go" I said with pleading eyes and could see the anger in his eyes vanish slowly.

He nodded reluctantly and intertwined our hands making me look at our hands.

A small blush could be seen on my cheeks even in this situation.

I swear my heart forgot to take a beat as he held my hands against his.

Damn you heart!!!

"This is the second time you saved me." I said looking at him.

He looked down and said,"I know, you have a talent for getting in trouble". He said laughing at the end.

I narrowed my eyes at him and said, "No you have gotten a habit for saving me every time".

He just laughed more and said bending a little down at my eyes level, honestly, he looks like a main lead in an anime show.

He has his soft and curly hairs on his eyes, making him look 100% more attractive.

Oh god help me; I don't think the speed at which my heart is beating is normal.