Chapter 8 - Peyoung Yakisoba

Mitsuya POV

After the horrible playtime is over, Luna joins Mana in bed and falls asleep. I was doing the dishes, well trying to do the dishes but what I'm hearing from behind keeps bothering me.

"Ne~ Can't you say my name just once?" I can hear a playful Aoi teasing Hakkai. 'I've never heard her use that kind of tone before. Why is she so fond of him when they've only just met?'  I sigh at myself for feeling these kinds of complicated emotions when I hear the unexpected..

"Please stop it, Aoi-san." 

'Did Hakkai just say a full sentence to a girl?! And he called her by her name!'

"Ohh!! You called me by my name. Yayyy!" Aoi cheers triumphantly. "Since you requested me, I won't bother you anymore." She smiles and is about to move away when Hakkai shockingly speaks again. 

"N-No! You're not... b-bothering me. I'm just not that u-used to talking... with girls." 

.

.

'The Hakkai I know would never speak to someone, moreover a girl who he's only seen once. But how is he speaking so much right now? Is that what I'm supposed to do? Will ignoring Aoi make her curious and then she'll talk to me in the same way she's doing with Hakkai? Was Hakkai actually an expert on girls?'  

I groan in frustration at my thoughts and angrily do the dishes. 'Tsk..whatever.'

Aoi POV

'Wow.. expected the unexpected really came true...'  I'm currently sitting here, feeling shocked at the number of words Hakkai spoke to me.

"You're speaking to me! That makes me so happy Hakkai-kun." I say in a genuine manner and he smiles back. 'He smiled back!'

Takashi comes back from the kitchen and sits in between me and Hakkai. "Hey Aoi, you seem really fond of Hakkai over here." He says in a joking manner.

"Eh? Is it that obvious?" I laugh.

I don't know why but Takashi's expression suddenly looks gloomy. "You do?" He asks in a low tone. 'Is it because he thinks I'm trying to steal Hakkai away from him? I won't Takashi ㅠㅠ, please don't be angry at me..'  I silently beg in my mind.

"Yeah..." I sheepishly smile, scratching the back of my head, pretending as if the person we're talking about is not present here. "To be honest, I've always wanted a little brother and if I had one, I feel like it would be fun to tease them like Hakkai."

"Little brother?!" Takashi says loudly all of a sudden. 

"Uhmm.. yeah?" I ask a bit confused as to why he suddenly seemed so bright.