three

I opened the door and there he was standing outside with a huge bouquet of roses in his hands, looking no less than Prince Charming. I just stood there blushing and smiling watching him dreamily.
"MashaAllah... Meher you look... beautiful." He said between his breaths as he kept gaping at me making me blush even more as I took the bouquet from his hand and our hands touched making us both lock eyes with eachother.
My heart was palpating as he was leaning closer...and closer, my breath caught up in my throat as the distance between our lips was reducing. My eyes closed in anticipation and....

"Oye! Stupid girl! What are you dreaming about? There is soo much work to do." Mumma's voice pulled me out of my daydreaming and instead of smelling sweet roses, I was smelling leftover food and dishwashing soap and instead of holding his warm hands and long fingers... I was holding a dirty plate and a washing pad in my hands.

"After this we have to clean the whole house and start preparing dinner. Your inlaws are coming after 10 years, have you forgotten?!" She scolded.

I blushed shaking my head. How could I forget?! It was all I could think of all the time after all.

My husband was coming to take me with him. My Azlaan was coming for me!!!

####
It was already 8pm and I was standing in front of the full view mirror admiring the new dress and the gold earrings Mumma gave me. She hardly buys me such pretty dresses but today was a special occasion after all. I couldn't decide what hairstyle to put on as my hair was always oily because it's soo long and frizzy. I settled on a front puff and rest of my hair open. An old style but I always look cute in it. 
I put on my lipstick and eyeliner and observed myself for a while as my cheeks were already flushed red.

How would he react when he sees me? He remembers me right...his wife.

I squealed internally as I couldn't hold my excitement. Just then the doorbell reached my ears and my heart raced.

My hands were shaking but a took a deep breath to calm myself and rushed outside. Mumma Daddy and Bhai were already waiting excitedly. Bhai didn't look that happy as he went forward to open the door but Mumma stopped him and gestured me.

I gulped grabbing the doorknob....it was even getting hard to breathe. I opened it.

"Assalamualaikum! MashaAllah... MashaAllah....is this Meher? SubhanAllah! Look at you...how beautifully you've grown up!"
Akram uncle exclaimed with a huge smile who stood tall in front of me.

"Walaikum assalam." I said meekly smiling.

"MashaAllah....come here my daughter!" He hugged me warmly. He was always like that.

"Yaara!" Daddy came from behind me and both of them had quite an emotional reunion.

"Assalamualaikum." I smiled looking at Rubeena aunty who had a straight face as she replied to me. Her intense...somewhat judging gaze travelled twice on me from top to bottom making me lose my smile and lower my gaze. Mumma was too excited to welcome her as she hugged her and it was clear how disinterested aunty looked.

And then, behind them was my handsome husband who made me forget how to breathe.
"A... assalamualaikum." I was gaping at him.

However, he just looked at me once.
"Hm." And he just walked in past me like I wasn't even there. We were meeting after 10 years and just hm?

I felt a pang in my chest but I ignored it and Bhai gentle pulled me in shutting the door behind us.

Dad and Akram uncle were the only one's talking and also there was Mumma but aunty was too quite....and seemed very bored.