Chapter 72

Another month had gone by, Charlie and had been working non-stop with the animals. He believed they could be a great help if they were trained up well enough, Jessica asked her grandmother to take the children out for the day so she could help Charlie with some of the animals training.

Charlie had made a plan that many of the animals could be useful if it came down to them having to fight. Wampus Cat, mainly Meg and Abi, a Dragon, Norberta, Charlie had taken her from Hogwarts, she should be here to defend the land she was born in.

"How positive are you that they can be trained?" Jessica questioned as he held her down into his back pack

"Semi-positive,"

"That's not very reassuring,"

"I know Meg and Abi will be okay it's the others I'm worried about," he sighed

"Why what's wrong with them?"

"Nothing's wrong with them, it's just like Bren for example, he's a young phoenix, maybe too young,"

"You think he'll get spooked,"

"Yes, he could be a great asset if trained, healing people rather than them running around wounded," he explained

Charlie guided Jessica through to the Phoenix enclosure, and a small thin Phoenix sat comfortably perched on a stump. She could see what Charlie was worried about he was young, still not even fully grown, few of his feathers were still fluffy like a baby chick.

"Do his tears even have healing powers at this age?" she asked

"He should do, whether he's aware, I'm unsure, I don't know if he's newly hatched or newly reborn,"

"What about Norbert?" she asked

"Norberta," he corrected, "I'm hoping she and Suri can work together,"

"Suri! She nearly killed Harry, and you," Jessica reminded him

"She might have a temper but she wouldn't hurt anyone," she smiled at him, "what?"

"You really can't see anything bad, in any animal can you?"

"No, Suri and Norberta were just Dragons that had a bad start in life, doesn't mean they're bad animals,"

Jessica carefully watched as Charlie entered the enclosure, both the Norwegian Ridgeback and Hungarian Horntail, landed in front of him. Jessica held her breath, Charlie was up against two huge dragons, from he had taught her females were much more aggressive, both Norberta and Suri were females.

The Horntail bared her teeth at Charlie he warned her to stand down when she wouldn't at first the Ridgeback snapped its jaw at the Horntail. Suri's temper caught the better of her she wasn't about to submit to another dragon or her handler.

"Woah," Charlie jumped out of the away as Suri breathed fire in his direction, Jessica hands flew up to her face shielding her eyes, though she peeked through her fingers.

"Suri! What the hell do you think you're doing?" he shouted, from behind a wall, "when I turn around you better behave,"

Charlie had raised Suri from an egg, he knew her every move, but the potentiality of been burned wasn't a risk he was going to take lightly. He turned around Suri lowered her head, to be at level with Charlie, the dragon displayed a low growling noise followed back a sinister hiss.

"I mean it, Suri. Back Off!" he warned the Horntail, she growled at him before laying on the floor,

"You've got to learn to control that temper," he told her, resting his hand on her head, Norberta nudged Charlie with her nose

"I know you're fine, you need to show Suri some impulse control," he said, scratching under Norberta's chin, Jessica relaxed once she saw that the dragon had calmed down

"How do you know if they'll be fine?" she asked

"I don't really, I just trust them," Jessica nodded, Charlie trusted these animals with his life, and she could see that

"So which ones do you think will be helpful?" she asked

"Suri, Norberta, Bren, Meg and Abi," he counted on his fingers, "if I can accustom them to each other we shouldn't have any issue, so..." he trailed off

"So what?" she questioned

"Go and get Meg and Abi," her eyes widened as they flicked over to the two huge dragons, "I promise you they'll be fine,"

Jessica saluted him, wondering how in the world he was going to keep the two fire breathing creatures calm while she brought Meg and Abi. Jessica reached the Wampus enclosure Meg roared, rubbing her body along the fence, Abi jumped down from the tree, greeting Jessica with the same amount of enthusiasm as her sister.

"Move back," she told them,

They moved aside to allow her the space to open the gate wide enough, the two Wampus Cats, jumped around like two tabby cats. They certainly weren't tabby cats, their shoulders reached just above Jessica's hip, nearly 250 pounds in weight and 3 meters in length.

They weren't animals, you would want to pet, with strong paws a swipe from one of them could be enough to break bones. Incredibly fast, almost impossible to see when in the trees, with the power of hypnosis and legilimency. They were dangerous creatures, almost impossible to kill.

Everything she had read about the Wampus Cat, seemed to be the total opposite of how Meg and Abi were. Charlie knew they would be permanent residents of the sanctuary, they were too familiar with wizards to be released into the wild, chances of their survival would have been very slim.

Charlie made sure that Suri and Norberta were far enough away and distracted by their food, to allow for Jessica to enter the enclosure with the two cats. Suri immediately caught the scent of the two cats, her eyes narrowed, growling she turned around, roaring as she ran towards the two cats.

Meg ran ahead followed by Abi, the pair split up, once Meg reached the dragon, Suri was about to snap her jaw. However, the dragon came to a halt, staring vacantly in the cat's eyes, Meg walked forward causing Suri to walk back, possibly the calmest Charlie had ever seen her.

Not breaking eye contact with the dragon Meg, roared louder than Jessica had ever heard before. Suri laid down in a relaxed stance, curling her tail around her feet. Meg broke eye contact running back to Jessica. Abi ran back too after doing the same with Norberta.

"What did they just do?" Jessica asked

"They used their power of hypnosis to control the dragons," he explained

"If they can control the dragons, and listen to me-

"They're ready, if it comes down to a fight, we'll be ready for it,"