1 | swollen potato

May 30th, 2005 - 12:34 a.m.

Stars.

The sky was clear as she sat on her windowsill, her right leg dangling from the side. She was leaning back, her eyes trained on the countless stars in the sky - there hadn't been such a starry night in a long time, she realized.

Sitting in silence at night was relaxing and she thought she should do it more often. Sunday had ended, meaning there was school tomorrow. She didn't like it there, full of either delinquents-wanna-be's or gossip girls. A few decent people here and there.

A sigh escaped her lips as she leaned her head back, feeling her shoulders relax.

Engine sounds filled the silence and Y/n looked down, seeing two motorbikes ride down the street. Laughs were heard and she could already feel the neighbors coming out to their windows to complain about the noise.

The two motorcycles took a right and stopped in front of a garage, one of the figures getting down and opening the door before the two rode their motorcycles inside. Then they went up a staircases to - assumingly - their home.

She sighed again as she stood up, throwing herself on her bed and wrapping herself in her blankets, closing her eyes and letting the darkness engulf her.

May 30th, 2005 - 3:42 p.m.

Y/n groaned as she heaved the books on top of the teacher's desk, sighing in relief once the weight was off her arms. She turned around, taking one last look at the spotless classroom before leaving, finally free for the day. She cursed her classmate, who was supposed to stay behind to help her, but had suddenly gotten a 'family emergency' and had to go. Y/n was sure he only wanted to get out of work.

Whatever, she thought. She couldn't be bothered to think about it, as she can finally go home and relax. That's what she thought before she remembered the homework they'd received and the cram school she had to attend, casuing her to audibly groan.

The streets around the school seemed deserted, though school had ended a good few hours ago, so it was no wonder. There were, however, some kids still lurking around - mostly the delinquent-wanna-be's she disliked, sitting in darker alleyways or at playgrounds and smoking, thinking they were cool.

She sighed. What a bunch of idiots.

''Well, well, well, look what we have here,'' she stiffened for a moment, though tried to continue walking on her way, trying her best to ignore them with hopes that they'll go away, alas one of the guys towered in front of her, blocking her way.

Before she knew it, she was surrounded from all sides and being pushed inside a darker alley.

Fuck, okay, how did I get in this situation again? She asked herself as she looked around the six boys surrounding her - they looked older than her, could they be high-schoolers? Okay, Y/n, breathe. Maybe you can talk your way out of this.

''What do you need from me?'' she asked, trying her best to sound confident.

''Ah, we just wanna have some fun, right, boys?'' one of them asked, his nose looking like a swollen potato. Y/n wanted to laugh, but the situation didn't call for it.

''Well, I have to go home to help my mom clean the house and I don't really have time for that 'fun' you guys wanna have,'' Y/n said, trying to push past two of the guys, only for them to grab her forearms and push her right back in the circle, sending her flying in a wall and dropping her bag on the ground.

Fuck, she cursed in her mind as she rubbed the back of her head, trying to soothe the sudden soreness.

''Nah, I think you have just enough time for us, girlie,'' another guy spoke - that one had a nose ring, which was pretty, unlike the rest of his face.

Y/n blindly looked for her bag on the ground before grabbing the handle and trying to make a run for it before the two from before grabbed her again and this time threw her on the ground, causing her to groan in pain as she hit the hard surface.

''Alright, you won't cooperate,'' another guy said as he kneeled down next to her head and ran a hand through her hair. ''We'll just have to work without your cooperation.''

Her eyes bore his, her breathing quickened. She was scared - who knew what exactly those guys planned to do to her? Was there anyone around? Could anyone help her?

''HELP ME!'' she screamed with all her might, earning herself a slap across the cheek from the one that had been kneeling down.

''Shut the fuck up, you bitch,'' the guy said as Y/n winced in pain, her hand flying to her probably-bruised cheek. ''I was going to go more gentle on you, but now-''

''Look what we have here, Chifuyu,'' someone spoke and the group of boys turned towards the sound, though Y/n didn't bother doing that. Instead, she scouted the area and got ready to run, if the chance was provided. ''Some scumbags picking on a girl. Aren't you guys a little old to be with a middle schooler, anyway?''

''Get out of here while you still have the chance, four-eyes,'' the guy who had been kneeling next to Y/n stood up, cracking his knuckles to show that he was ready to fight.

''Baji-san, are we gonna have some fun?'' a second voice spoke, a chuckle followed right after.

Y/n sat up, seeing two boys - a blond and a black haired boy, the latter wearing a pair of big glasses and his hair was pulled back. She'd seen them around before, they were from her school - their uniforms pretty much confirmed that, too.

The black haired boy, who Y/n knew as Baji, the second year who was left behind to repeat the year. She guessed the second boy was Chifuyu, since that was what Baji had called him.

She took the chance the two boys had provided her and stood up, her feet carrying her out of the scene. One of the guys who had been standing behind her turned around and tried to grab her wrist, but Baji had moved by then, his fist colliding with the guy's already messed-up nose, sending him flying to the ground.

His hair was flying free and his glasses had been discarded - he looked like a completely different person. However, Y/n didn't dwell on it as she made it to a nearby trash can and hid behind it, peaking her head slightly out so she can take a look at the fight happening right in front of her eyes.

Baji and Chifuyu might've been outnumbered, but that sure didn't seem to bother them. The high schoolers were toppling to the ground like flies, and the two middle schoolers didn't seem like they'd even broken a sweat.

''That was too easy,'' Baji said as he threw one last punch, knocking out the last guy still conscious. He stood there, hands on his hips as he looked around the fallen delinquents - or at least, who they thought they were - and smiled proudly at his work. A second later, he turned towards where he had seen her run to. ''You can come out now, girlie!''

Y/n hesitantly stood up, her legs wobbling slightly. Walking up to the two boys, her eyes never left the unconscious group on the ground, scared but at the same time impressed of what the two had done.

''You okay?'' Baji asked and Y/n finally looked up at him, seeing his toothy smile and droplets of blood on his cheeks - must've been from breaking the other guys' noses, Y/n assumed.

''Yeah, I'm fine,'' Y/n said as she rubbed her arm. ''Thank you . . . I didn't think someone would actually come to help me.''

''You just got lucky we were passing by,'' Baji said as he turned around to look at his friend, who was just straightening up. ''Right, Chifuyu?''

Chifuyu looked up from dusting the bag he'd picked up, nodding slightly. ''Yeah, sure. That's your bag, right?''

''Ah, yes,'' Y/n said as she grabbed the handle of the bag. ''Thank you.''

Chifuyu looked at her eyes as well, though he could feel his heart quicken it's pace. Her eyes were a very pretty shade of e/c. In fact, he could swear he's never seen a prettier shade. This was weird. This felt like one of the scenes in the shojo mangas he reads. Could this be . . .?

She finally looked in his eyes - they were a very nice shade of blue, Y/n noticed. Her eyes trailed to his gelled up hair, slightly quirking an eyebrow, a single thougth crossing her mind.

What a dumb hairstyle.