-

It's a harsh world at the moment and I won't lie to you readers- I've been struggling through the days.

Australia isn't alone in facing the new delta strain of Covid-19, however most of the country has now entered our most serious lockdown to date and if you've heard the saying "no news is good news" then you can figure out its other meaning.

All news, at least at the moment, is bad news.  

It's been hard understanding my own writing lately, working through ideas and trying to find the courage just to post anything. Thankfully, I've actually managed to pick up on the same morals I'm trying to sell you guys.

This book is about making a start.

No matter how small, no matter how scary- just taking that first step and fighting to move yourself from the place you're stuck in to somewhere better.

You can expect to see a lot more of the internal dynamics of the Edifice and its people- new species and factions I've only had a chance to tease at before. The focus will be political, it might be depressing but I hope I've made it a journey worth taking for you. 

Thank you so much for reading, even though Zagan may not be as morally sound of a narrator for you, he should at least be an entertaining one. 

Without further ado, I present- my first step.