A Fragile Hope

ARC1/CHP4: A Fragile Hope

______________________________________

It had been two days since Jimin last saw the boss and, to be honest, he was relieved. He was still in shock about the fact that they didn't lock him away again in the basement. Instead, they had given him a room to himself in their mansion. He was grateful and even shed tears while thanking the boss. He couldn't believe that the boss had agreed to let him stay in the mansion. When he asked Jin Hyung how this had come to be, Jin  simply stated, 

"Don't worry Jimin-ah, we have our ways of persuading him. Just don't leave this room. If he                                                      finds you out, even I can't help you then.

And with that, Jin walked out, leaving Jimin unsure of what to do.

It was 4 am and he was still awake, unable to sleep at night due to his thoughts about what would happen to him in two days. He knew Jin had told him not to stress himself so that he could answer the boss's questions without having a panic attack, but he was sure this time the boss would kill him. He couldn't help but wonder, "Why am I even here? I'm not allowed to ask questions, but why am I here? What did I do to them?

He lay there looking up at the ceiling, tears streaming down his cheeks. He whispered to himself, "Will I even be happy one day?" He was sobbing silently, as the room they had given him was beside the boss's room, and he didn't want the boss to hear him. According to them, the boss was a light sleeper, and Jimin feared that if anything happened, the boss would hear him. even when jin said he won't do anything for him since he still needs him, it didn't lessen his fear.

the thought of the boss coming to torture him while he was asleep was another level of terror. that he couldn't shake away.

In a remote and mysterious location, a man with a blank expression sat at his desk, consumed by feelings of scarcity.

"Have you located him yet?" The man inquired a hint of urgency in his tone.

"Unfortunately, we have been unable to locate him, sir," the guard reported regretfully.

"Continue your search, we must find him as swiftly as possible," the man commanded.

"Of course, sir," the guard acknowledged, before departing to continue the search.

With a sinister smirk, he murmured to himself, "Just wait, I will take everything he holds dear." He chuckled maniacally

back in the manor after a taxing day at work, Jungkook struggled to fall asleep. Despite arriving home late, he found himself restless due to the soft, incessant whimpering and crying of a boy in the mansion. Though the boy's cries were not loud, they somehow made Jungkook feel uneasy. He knew that the boy had not slept for three days, and counting the night spent in the basement, it had been four days of insomnia.

"What is going on with him anyway? I swear to God, I'm going to kill him," he thought to himself, with a tone of anger. 

 'What if he continues the remaining two days without sleeping?' he pondered.