10

"... with their legs tied up in knots."

SONG: Hayloft - Mother Mother

*****

Vera's P

Vera's P.O.V:

I had woken up in this dark room, and my head was pounding. My wrists and ankles were tied to the arms and legs of a black wooden chair, a rope was secured around my torso. I had noticed that my jumper was taken off and I just had my tank top and sweatpants on.

"You're finally awake princess, only took you a few hours."

My head snapped up to the voice, seeing a large man who I assumed was around 6'4. He had a balaclava on to protect his identity, and was wearing long black pants and a short black t-shirt. His large muscles looked like they would rip his shirt and on his right upper arm, a tattoo would peek out at times if he moved his arms a certain way. He probably should have worn longer sleeves, that could expose his identity if someone saw his tattoo.

"...He asked you a question, Yuki." I could hear the smirk in his voice and it instantly made me feel sick.

The fact that he knew my actual name made my blood boil. I obviously knew that they would know every little detail about me, but it's still terrifying.

"What was the question?" My voice in my head sounded strong and fearless, but as soon as the first word left my lips my voice became shaky.

"Why didn't you show up to the meeting? The other girls were there." The 6'4 man walked in front of me and I looked up at him, looking into his eyes that looked nearly black in this dark and dim room.

I didn't answer, I couldn't. Leo would get hurt.

I felt my head being turned to my left, my face instantly began tingling and stinging. Warm fingers aggressively turned my head straight again and forced my face up to look at him. The man crouched down right in front of me, he kept his gaze locked on mine.

"You aren't gonna talk?"

I swallowed, unsure of what to say. I had a feeling I wouldn't talk, so if I lied it would be worse. I maintained my silence and breathed heavily instead of replying.

"Fine, we can play it your way princess. Don't say I didn't warn you."

He stood up and walked behind me, I couldn't see what he was doing but I could hear faint whispering. I tried to listen in but only heard certain words here and there, not enough to comprehend a full sentence.

I heard a rattle and my heart stopped.

His thudding footsteps emerged from behind me and soon enough he was in front of me with a knife. The other man joined next to him with no weapon.

"We'll be nice and give you one last chance. Since you're so hot, we'll be a tad more lenient. This is your last chance cupcake, why didn't you show up?" The man without a weapon had talked this time.