Rock Beats Scissors

"The Fire Nation wants to make a trade

     "The Fire Nation wants to make a trade. We give them back their baby and they'll give us King Bumi." Aang spoke as he read the scroll in his hands. 

     Rein smirked, "So borrowing the kid wasn't such a dumb idea after all."

     "You wholeheartedly kidnapped a toddler, Kai, that's not borrowing." Sokka muttered, glaring at the child while he snacked on a machete. Rein rolled her eyes and began rummaging through their bags until coming across an apple. She removed the weapon from the baby's mouth and replaced it with something not so deadly. 

     "I had full intentions on giving him back!" Rein countered.

     Sokka opened his mouth to argue but Aang cut him off, "Guys, please don't start. Sokka is right Kireina, you kidnapped the baby, you can't just borrow one. But it did give us the one up in this situation so it evens out!" 

     Rein shrugged, "I'll take it." She laid her head on Katara's shoulder before yawning. "Anyway, I'll go bring the drool sack back to the governor in the morning and get Bumi. It shouldn't be too hard, especially if his daughter is there, she's an easy opponent." 

     "Are you insane!?" Sokka yelped, crawling his way in front of the girl. "It's a death trap and you know it! We're all going with you and that's final." 

     Aang and Katara nodded in agreement. "Yeah Rein, you're gonna need all the back up you can get."

     Kireina stared at her brother before sighing. "Fine. We leave at dawn. Goodnight."

     Sokka remained fixated on Rein as she shuffled over to her bed for the night-- Appa's tail. He frowned since that was always his nighttime spot. 

     The multibender looked back towards the Water Tribe boy, noticing the look on his face. "Appa's tail is big enough for two, Sok." She mumbled innocently, cuddling into the soft, white fur. It was no surprise that a blush coated the teen's cheeks when the inappropriate thoughts entered his mind. Nevertheless, Sokka positioned himself beside Rein who was already half asleep. He gazed at his love, a small smile forming on his lips. 

     "You know you can't have her, Sokka." Katara whispered to her brother. "Bato said that-"

     "I know what Bato said." Sokka cut her off irritably. In fact, every time he looked at Kireina all he could hear were Bato's words replaying over and over again. 

     "The Ekkona is traveling with you? That is quite unexpected." Bato spoke as he caught up with his best friend's children. 

     "What is that supposed to mean?" Sokka asked.

     "According to the Legend of the Ekkona, she is meant to be with the Fire Prince. The Nomad's wrote of something called the Guider Effect and no one is safe from her spell. That is why I'm astonished to see her with you lot, your father and I expected her to be with the Fire Nation." Bato explained.