xxix. arrival

"we will be arriving in roughly ten minutes. please prepare for landing. you may turn your phones off of airplane mode now if you choose."

you never got that sleep you were hopping for.

your dumbass decided to watch anime on your laptop. and not sleep.

now you're sleep deprived, depressed, and annoyed.

at least everyone else managed to catch some sleep.

sighing, you closed your laptop. its been since 06:00 in the morning since you started watching anime. it's now almost 18:00 in the evening.

totally isn't an addiction.

you then decided to message your father, your phone barely surviving at 8% considering you were up all night watching tiktok.

you
hey im about to land
are you at the airport?
sent

after a few minutes of no response, you rolled your eyes. 'of course he isn't gonna respond. not like he's the one who wants me here,' you grumbled.

"psssst."

turning your head, your eyes met with heterochromic eyes.

"hi!" he exclaimed, bouncing in his seat.

you rolled your eyes playfully and gave him a grin. "how was your nap?"

"it was good! but i'm hungry..." he trailed off, starring at his empty stomach.

you chuckled at him. "i'm sure you'll get some food after you arrive back home."

dylan nodded, a smile on his face. "yeah! even though mcdonalds tastes amazing... mommy's cooking is always better!" he boasted.

"dylan~ its too early for you to be yelling," alexis grumbled, covering her ears.

"it's only six though."

"but i'm tired so shush."

you giggled at their antics before you felt your phone vibrate. quickly glancing down, you saw that it was only a notification from youtube. you deleted all past notifications as you groaned internally. you opened up messages to text your father again.

you
my flight lands in like 5 mins
so if youre not there then im going to be napping in an airport chair
my phone is also going to die shortly so if you text me i won't be able to see it :/
sent

you then turned off your phone and placed it in your pocket. sighing, sunk into your seat.

someone then tapped your shoulder. turning around, you saw alexis give you a worried look. "are you okay?"

you nodded, giving her a smile. "yeah i'm fine. my dad just isn't answering my messages so i'll be stuck at the airport for a while."

her lips made an 'o' before turning to kris. he gave you a look that you couldn't quite read, but shrugged it off.

"wait, doesn't that mean you'll be all alone??" dylan asked, his lips trembling.

you waved him off. "i'll be fine. it means i'll have time to take a nap."

he looked at you with worry. he didn't want you to be alone.