8. This Is A Bad Idea, But Oh Well

Her phone vibrated in her pocket

Her phone vibrated in her pocket. Lizzie didn't take notice as she answered with an exasperated 'hello' while making her way out of the school, yet again, at least this time she wasn't stopped.

"Hey Sunshine, you sound tired. I've got pizza and cake, seems like you need an energy boost. And you're favorite delivery boy is here waiting for you outside one Forks High School."

"You're my only delivery boy," Lizzie laughed, already feeling better. She practically ran when she saw Jacob standing there, albeit at a human speed, but still. Her mood wasn't irritated and gloomy anymore it was happy and he smiled.

"Hot pepperoni pizza with extra cheese and no crust, I heard it's your favorite."

"Did you now?" she joked. "Thanks, Jacob, just what the doctor ordered."

"You know you can call me Jake, right? Hey, is that your brother and Bella?" Jake asked, looking over Lizzie's shoulder.

She followed his gaze and saw Edward starting up the hill into the woods with Bella trailing quickly behind. Finally, was all she could think. Edward rarely took people's advice but when it was his sister asking, begging, and ordering he'd do the best and worst of things just to keep her at ease, no matter the cost. "Yeah, something's up with those two, I don't know. Edward's been acting weird ever since they met."

Jacob nodded absentmindedly, his eyes finding Lizzie's again. "Well, let's get going before the pizza gets cold or you faint on me from hunger."

Jacob stopped his car just after the 'welcome to Forks' sign. Neutral territory, neither the Cullens nor the Quileutes. He parked just a little off to the side right before the forest line so that any cars that came and went could get by easy enough. The two got out of the car and sat on the front hood the pizza box in the middle of them.

It was nice and quiet, and the perfect place to get away from the town the two called home without actually leaving the town itself. Also, the perfect getaway after what just happened at school. Lizzie shifted slightly so the little sun that came through the clouds could hit her bare legs. She couldn't feel the warmth but she still liked the illusion it gave her. Jacob took it as a sign she was cold and immediately took off his hoodie and covered Lizzie with it like a blanket.

She laughed slightly in appreciation. "Thanks, Jake."

He returned a smile at the sound of his nickname coming from her mouth. "You looked cold." Lizzie then watched as he took the scrunchie she gave him that day at the art shop off his wrist, he pulled his hair back and tied it up before digging into the rest of the pizza. The action made her smile, she tried to hide it but it was useless. She couldn't understand how little things Jake did always managed to make her happy, just his mere presence really but she chose to ignore it if only to hang onto the feeling as long as possible. Right now, Jake was what she needed to take her mind off of everything.