30.

Rose dreaded going back to her course, especially when she had stayed up too long the previous night.

But she did. She put herself through the pain and the misery for the order. For Dumbledore. Because he said he needed her.

Sirius was sending her letters consistently just as Lily, Alice, and Marlene were. He was detailing what he, James, Peter, and Remus had been up to.

Rose decided she would send him a photo of her and the other healers, she thought it was funny.

Dear Padfoot,

I've been quite bad about responding to your letters and I really do apologize. This course has me pulling my hair out one day at a time. But I've been released early today so I thought I'd at least return one letter.

I love the picture of the four of you playing quidditch again. I really wish I could be there, I'd whip you all into shape.

I've enclosed a picture of my own. The healers in the hospital have never seen a metamorphmagus in real life before. They had me doing all sorts of tricks for them and even wanted a picture to prove they'd met me.

And I do hope you're keeping safe on your missions. I know you and I know how reckless you get. I don't want to come home to your grave, Padfoot.

The same goes for Mar. Make sure she's not being too troublesome. She has a habit of that when I'm not around.

I want this war to end so badly. So many people have already lost their lives, all so one man can gain power. You wouldn't believe the things I've seen at this hospital. I've already lost mom and dad, I don't think I can stand to lose anybody else.

Anyway, I still hope you're doing alright and I can't wait to get back Britain. I quite miss it there, even if it does rain quite a lot. Keep everyone safe for me, Padfoot. I'll be back as soon as I can.

All my love,
Rose.

She struggled through the last month and was afraid for what the last ward would be but Dr. Romano wasn't all bad.

The last ward was the labour and delivery ward, helping to deliver magical children into the world. It brought light to the work Rose was doing.

And at the end of the gruelling five months, Rose had to take a practical and paper exam. She would be given a patient from all of the wards she had worked on and had to diagnose and treat them.

But she did it. She completed the entire exam. Dr. Romano even gave her a small graduation ceremony with the hospital staff.

Rose now had her certificate of completion and a healing license. She was ready for the order.

She travelled back to London alone, deciding to take the longer broom flight instead of apparation. Once again, Rose let Apollo fly home on his own and hooked her trunk to her broom.

It was a much-needed break while she flew, feeling the cold air against her skin, it reminded her of quidditch at Hogwarts. When the only thing she worried about was whether she could catch the snitch.

Rose landed outside of her flat early in the morning. She was exhausted as she used her wand to float the trunk up the stairs into the flat.