12 | the morning after

Naomi's eyes flickered Open as a bright light fell over her face. As soon as she opened her eyes she realised she definitely wasn't in her bed. Then she felt the Arms around her waist, an instant headache hit her brain and Naomi realised that her and Chris were still in fact on the beach.

Chris's jacket was draped loosely over Her, covering her semi naked body from the early morning breeze. Naomi's dress was scrunched into a ball underneath her head like a pillow and her bag was discarded beside her along with Chris's pants and both of their shoes.

Naomi looked over her shoulder to see Chris still fast asleep with sand stuck to the side of his face. But to her annoyance he still looked like he'd been carved from stone by Greek gods.

She went to sit up but Chris's arms tightened around her pulling her back towards his chest. She knew she shouldn't of let him stay like that but she couldn't help herself. The feeling of his big arms snugly wrapped around her almost made her completely forget that they were still laying in their underwear on a very public beach.

"Chris, Chris" Naomi softly said rolling over to look at him fully, shaking his shoulders a little trying to wake up the man. He didn't budge. "Chris, come on man" she shoved a little harder, this time successfully waking him up. Chris groaned his hands leaving Naomi's waist and moving straight to his eyes rubbing his face.

It was when he felt sand fall onto his face that Chris slowly dropped his hands and opened his eyes. Looking around to see Naomi pulling her dress over her head while using his jacket to cover her bottom half.

"What the fuck" Chris muttered sitting up and seeing that he was only in his shirt and boxers. "Yeah what the fuck" Naomi breathed out handing him his pants and jacket after she'd fully dressed herself again.

"When did we end up on a beach" Chris asked completely confused as he stood up and pulled his pants on. Naomi just shrugged "I don't know I don't remember much after we lost Seb" Naomi mumbled taking her phone from her purse to see that it was 11AM and that she had about fifty missed calls from her brother asking where she was. And a whole bunch of texts from the group chat.

"Shit shit shit shit" Naomi quickly stuttered calling her brother, he quickly answered. Letting her explain where she was and that she was going to be home soon. When Naomi hung up the phone, Chris held out a hand helping her up "I've ordered us an Uber come on"

Chris picked up both of their shoes before walking up the beach towards the street, Naomi following behind trying to smooth down her mess of hair down as she saw people giving her and Chris strange looks.

Once they were in the Uber Naomi pulled out her phone going to her camera role to see if there was any photo evidence that would tell them how the pair ended up on the beach. There wasn't. There was only one picture of her and Chris in the club both looking equally as drunk.

As the Uber driver started the car up the two sat in silence neither really knowing what to say to one another. Chris looked beside him to Naomi who was nervously looking out the window.

"Red...do you think we-"

"Oh god no" Naomi quickly said, as soon as she caught on to what Chris was alluding to. She cringed as she realised just how harshly she had just come off.

"I'm mean not that your not- well you look great and all but I wouldn't do...that..when i was drunk there's no way" Naomi nervously rambled getting quieter and quieter as she spoke. Chris just gave her an amused smile and nodded.

Once the Uber pulled in front of their apartment building Chris and Naomi both got out. Chris handed Naomi her shoes, the two of them stood and looked at each other with baffled looks on their faces. Before they burst into laughter. Tears welling in their eyes as they cackled in the middle of the sidewalk.