Forty-Three|Reassuring you

"I seriously can't wait to graduate

"I seriously can't wait to graduate."

Austin looks up hearing me on my way to my office. He looks surprised like I wasn't supposed to hear him say this.

Instead of walking on I stop where he's sitting. No longer at the reception desk because that position belongs to someone else. I ended up hiring a younger classmate of his. Austin has been undergoing training for when he graduates to take the Architect position permanently.

"What's going on? Everything okay with you?" I ask him.

Austin frustratedly runs his hand through his carmel brown hair. Messing it up before smoothing it into place. He shakes his head. Light brown eyes fill with annoyance. Showing it isn't nothing, something is bothering him.

"No. This semester is kicking my ass. Excuse my language."

"Really. How so?" I inquire further.

"I feel like I have too much work and not enough time to complete it. I swear all my professors are in cahoots with each other. I have like a billion assignments in every class and the semester is about to end. The only good thing is, after this semester I have one more year til I graduate."

Wow one more year. Where did the time go?

"Sorry to hear that. Take some time off so you can catch up with your coursework." I suggest. He's due for a vacation anyway. Austin hasn't had one since last year.

"Can I? That's actually a good idea. I'll think about it and let you know by the end of today."

"Of course. You need a vacation. I'll be taking a few weeks off myself staring today."

Austin shakes his head. "I'll be in my office if you need me. Think about it Austin, I don't want you stressed out."

He nods and I wave leaving him to continue on my way. Along the way I wave to the few others in the office. Things have settled down since I fired Lucas, months ago. Austin never asked why I let him go. If he did, I'd have told him but he's never brought it up.

I'm here today for a few hours to prepare to take time off. A paternity leave if you will. I want to be home with Eureka and the babies, and we have our wedding ceremony to plan by next spring.

Eureka wants it to be a small gathering, with only close family and friends. I don't really care how much people we invite as long as she's happy with the outcome. We'll be getting our marriage certificate registered while I'm on leave, before the wedding.

Technically We'll be married officially before Spring comes.

I can't wait to make her my wife. Even if it's just a piece if paper. It's crazy because it's been a little over a year since we met but it seems much longer. Maybe because so much has happened. We're parents now to twins. They're almost two months old. We've moved in together at my place. Eureka ended the lease to her apartment a month after Kiren and Kai were born.