LXXXIII. LINGERING FEELINGS

LINGERING FEELINGS!

APRIL 1979

• • • •

Holland let out a sigh, as she crouched on the ground, potting plants on her driveway with Mopsy.

"You always find a way to keep busy." A voice said, making the girl look up.

"Lily!" Holland grinned, standing up and encasing her friend in a hug, "How was the honeymoon?"

"It was amazing," Lily gushed, "So romantic."

"You better have pictures to show me." Holland told the redhead, handing Mopsy another plant.

"Trust me, I do," Lily nodded with a chuckle, watching her friend's movements, "Are you sure you should be doing that?"

"I need something to keep me busy," Holland shrugged, "Puzzles, knitting and Monopoly can only get me so far."

"Well, Monopoly on your own isn't the most entertaining thing." Lily laughed.

"I haven't been playing on my own." Holland rolled her eyes, as they made their way to the lawn chairs in the front garden of the manor.

"Oh, has Maggie been visiting?" Lily asked.

"Well, of course she has, but that's not who."

Lily raised a questioning eyebrow.

The Irish girl blushed, looking down and playing with her fingers, "Actually, uh. Remus has come over a lot. Kept me company."

Lily smirked, "Oh really?"

Holland gave her friend a look, "Lils, it's not like that."

"I know," The redhead nodded, "But you can't deny that you still have feelings for him."

Holland sighed, "Of course I still have feelings for him. I always have. But everything's still fresh with Reggie. I just need some time."

Lily smiled at her friend, "Well, I'm rooting for you two. Always have been."

"I know." Holland nodded, running her hand over her baby bump with a soft smile.

"The due date's close." Lily said, nodding at Holland's stomach.

Holland nodded, "Two weeks."

"I'm excited to meet the baby."

"Me too." The pregnant woman smiled.

"How is it? Living here after he's gone?" Lily asked.

Holland let out a big sigh, "It's odd. The house feels so much more empty now. Of course Maggie, Remus and everyone comes over a lot, and Mopsy's here too. But sometimes, night's especially, it's so lonely."

"Are you thinking of moving then?"

"I've been thinking about it," Holland confessed, "But I'm not sure if I can let this place go." She said, looking around at the beautiful manor.

***

"I think you've forgotten how amazing I am at muggle games." Holland said, raising an eyebrow at the person sitting across from her at the dining table.

Remus smiled, "I should know better than to underestimate you by now."

"You really should," Holland nodded, "A3."

"And you, Miss Lux," Remus sighed, "Have sunk my battleship."

"Yes!" The girl grinned, throwing her hands up in the air in victory, as Remus smiled at her fondly, "I won! I won!" She sang, doing a little victory dance.

"You're acting as though you didn't know that you would win." The boy laughed, putting the board game away.

"Well, you know, there's always the chance of me losing." Holland shrugged.

"No there isn't." The Gryffindor shook his head, chuckling.

"No, there isn't," Holland agreed, "Can I get you anything else to drink?"

Remus glanced over at the grandfather clock, frowning once he saw how late it was.

"As much as I'd really like that, it's late, I should probably head home."

"Right," Holland nodded sadly, playing with her fingers, neither of them moving. Holland swallowed thickly, "Or. You could stay the night."

Remus' eyebrows raised, "Are you sure?"

"Yeah," Holland told him softly, "Besides, I really hate spending the night in this place alone."

"Yeah," Remus nodded, "Yeah, I'll stay the night."

"Great," Holland smiled, the pair standing up, "Let me show you where the guest room is." She said, taking the boy's hand and leading him to the stairs.

"You know, Miss Lux, there better be no funny business tonight." Remus joked.

Holland scoffed and rolled her eyes with a smile, "I'll try my best."