Chapter 39

LISA

A Year Later

"Chaeyoung-ah!" the blonde girl who just went out from the airport ran quickly to my post while looking from side to side trying to make sure that nobody noticed her disguise.

"Keep it low, dork! Someone might recognize me!" she hissed.

"Opps! I forgot that you're a famous artist now. Are you really THE CHAEYOUNG I know?" I intentionally raised my voice a little to tease my friend. She quickly covered my mouth and burned me with her gaze.

"Lisa! Oh please! Urghh."

I laughed at her grumpy face. It's been three months since we last saw each other. Her name got even bigger in the industry and she's been going around the globe for her fancy world tour. That is why when she ringed me up that she'll be going home today, I immediately told her that I'll fetch her.

"Okay, okay. I'll stop. You're such a tease you know. Let's get going. I still have an ongoing shoot."

I helped Chaeng with her suitcase. She immediately took her mask and her cap off when she sat on the passenger's seat.

"You should've told me that you're busy, why did you even bother to pick me up?"

"Because I missed my bestfriend."

"Awww, I missed you too!"

"Would you mind if we stop by at my studio? I'll just wrap things up real quick. Besides, Jisoo is my subject today."

"It's no biggie. Who's taking the photos of Jisoo when you're here with me anyway?"

"I let a newbie handle it this time."

"A newbie?! Are you serious? It's Jisoo, Lis!"

"Keep your voice low chipmunk. I'm not even a meter away from you."

"Sorry!"

"Your sorry is just as loud. And about the photoshoot, like what you've said, it's Jisoo. She's beautiful in any angle."

Rosé nodded and took the bottled water to sate her thirst.

At The Studio

"Is it done?" I asked my assistant when we walked into the room.

I might be the chairman of my company but I still work on the field. I love photography and I want to do it everyday.

"Yeah. Miss Jisoo is in your private space."

"Okay thanks. You may go," I dismissed my assistant who then bowed before us as she walked back to her work. I turned to Chaeyoung who was busy eating her sandwich.

"You should go and check on Jisoo. I know you've missed each other so much too. I'll just go and check the photos," Chaeng's face lightened up then she immediately ran after my assistant to ask for directions.

"WHO TOOK THIS?!" I almost ruined the mouse as I harshly clicked the arrow to move from one picture to another.

"Where is that newbie? Does that person even know how to handle cameras? Seriously? The shots are either blurred or awkward! Does that person even know the rule of thirds? The basics?! This is such a waste of time and it's so frustrating!" I hardly clicked the 'x' mark at the corner and deleted all the shots without second thoughts.