The Reckoning Pt.1

Hey everyone! Sorry for the late update, school has been busy for me. I'm going to try and update every weekend and I hope you all stick with me. This chapter was getting too long, so I split it into two parts. I hope you all enjoy this chapter. Don't Forget to Vote and Comment. Without further ado...

Bonnie POV

I knew something was up with Stefan. It's been really hard trying not to lose my temper, but I'm becoming more and more impatient. Right now, we are in a mansion that Nik bought, and I must say it looks incredible. And I'm not easily impressed.

Stefan was silently sitting in his chair, avoiding my gaze. I walk to the mini bar in the kitchen and fix myself a bourbon. Nik and Rebekah are around somewhere, I'm sure.

After fixing my drink, I make my way back to the main room where Stefan was.

"Come on, Stefan. Did you really think I wouldn't find out you were hiding something? You know, I should have just compelled your memories away. You would have been so much easier to deal with." I say as I roll my eyes.

Stefan just looked at me with a blank expression after standing up.

"I'm not hiding anything." He said

Too bad I knew he was lying

I sigh and walk up to him and look him in the eye, "You will not leave this mansion. As a matter of fact, you will not leave this room until I get back."

I roughly patted his cheek and shoved him back into his seat.

I was making my outside of the room when I get a phone call.

I looked down to see Nik, and I smirk before answering

"How are you, my dashing husband," I say sarcastically

"I figured out what Stefan is hiding." He said, cutting straight to the chase. I turn around to see Stefan looking at me with a worried expression, and I just narrowed my eyes.

"You know it is insulting to eavesdrop, Stefan," I say bitterly

I sped out of the house and away from earshot.

"Okay, so what's the problem?" I ask

"The doppelganger is still alive." He said

I froze. That's not possible. We all saw her get drained dry by Niklaus, so how is she just up and running around. I was going over every likely scenario when my eyes widen in shock. Elijah. He must've given her the elixir before I took her away. This is the only possible explanation as to why she is still alive. Of course, he didn't tell me. Well, there's no way I'm telling Nik about this. I'm not getting daggered.

But this is also good news. If she's alive, then I could finally break my curse. What worries me is that I may have to go behind Nik's back. He told me a few months ago that he would do everything in his power to help me break my curse if she was still alive. If it came down to my curse and his hybrids, would he choose me? Maybe there's another way for him to create hybrids that doesn't lead to the doppelganger's demise.