Night Outing

Dedicated to a new fan @taroballs
I do hope you continue to enjoy the story.
         Sincerely, Ashe_hime
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been a week since the "Holy Grail War" had begun; and during this time Cereys Erwood had finished her preparations for the first battle that was sure to come. For the young woman knew all too well that her home was a temporary safe haven. Soon she would be forced into war for not only her life, but a dream she wished desperately to become a reality. "A day where the Erwood name rings with it's former glory." This was the wish of her father, and his father so forth. A dream passed from generation to generation. Never once being brought to fruition. However in Cereys's hands she sought it's completion. Believing that the Erwood name would be born anew through her. This wish drive Cereys through every decision she made; even as she finished today's practice lesson.

Cereys Erwood sought utter preparation; in the depths of her room. The young woman had done what her father once believed impossible. She had created her own Rune. One embedded with her own will; and hopefully with enough power from her magic circuits. This simple rune would serve useful to her. Releasing a deep sigh, and slipping her reading glasses from her face. Cereys roller her shoulders in discomfort. She knew Lancer would not approve of her current state. The handsome Servant seemed to have a way with words, causing Cereys to agree to whatever he said. It annoyed her to no end.

However Cereys had her reasons for such deep study for days on end. And tonight she hoped to see her research reach it's completion. With a confident smile plastered upon her face, Cereys organized the mounds of papers strewn across her desk. Each with detailed writings by Cereys herself, all dealing with the art of Runes. With this she hoped to carve not only her family's name back into history; but her own. With this in mind the young woman rose to her feet, checking the time on a clock nearby which flashed 9:55 in bright red letters. Perfect. Pulling her dark blue coat over her shoulders, and loosing the pin which held her brunette locks up. Cereys took a deep breathe preparing to step into the frigid night. But she had to see it with her own eyes. The fruits of her labor.

Peaking out of her bedroom door, Cereys had expected to be greeted by none other that Lancer. The handsome warrior clad in blue whom refused to leave her side. And yet she found the hallway vacant, though perhaps that was for the best. After all Cereys was sure that Lancer would be against her nightly excursion; even if it was for good reason. She could picture him now, looming over the young woman with a playful and Stern expression on his face. And for some reason no matter what she thought, Cereys simply couldn't go against his word. He was loyal beyond means to Cereys which both endeared and confused her. She knew fully well that Servants only served their Master's for one purpose. The Holy Grail. Seeking a wish from the Wish Granting Device in Fuyuki.

Each Servant held their own desires that they sought. Ones that either alined with their Master's or clashed. Even so the wish to protect ones Master was to only maintain their place in the war. As if the Master dies, as would the Servant. Unable to maintain physical form without the mana shared between them. Yet still Cereys sensed an indifference when it came to Lancer. The red eyed man seeming almost devoted to his present Master. To the point of madness. His words. He declaration to protect her; she believed him. Believed it was the Heroic Spirit who spoke those words. Not the system forged to host his very soul. No. Those were his words, his wish to protect her. Perhaps stretching further than the bond between Master and Servant. But why? And why did the very thought bring unwelcomed sorrow to the young woman?

Why did silent tears slither down her cheeks at the thought of him? Just what hold did he have over Cereys? Shaking these thoughts from her mind Cereys darted for the front door before she could change her mind. Turning her head back to the entry way of her home. One that herself and Lancer had slowly began renovating on. And she loved it. She enjoyed spending time with the silly man as the two shared laughs. Swallowing a lump in her throat, Cereys turned away. Whispering that she would return before closing the door behind her. The brisk chill of the night air invading her senses, but she continued. Treading through the dim lit city in search of a place suitable for her experiment. Ignoring the howl of the night air, and the tugging sensation in her chest. Bidding her to return to the comforts of her home; Cereys soon found it.

A fairly large lake tucked in the depths of the forest of Fuyuki, where the full moons reflection bounced off its surface. Yes. This would be the perfect spot. Nearing the waters edge; Cereys began her preparations with the moon high above her. Centering herself and allowing her mind to clear before extending her right hand Infront of her. She then imagined what she desired, a miracle. A stroke of genius if her wish came to fruition. However before she could even begin the final stage of her set up. A sudden chill ran down the young woman's spine; one that was not caused by the weather. She sucked in a deep breathe before hearing the voice of a young man approaching. Arrogance oozing from every syllabal that spewed from his lips.

"Finally! I thought I'd have to send my Servant to burn your house to the ground to lure you out. Lucky us." Gritting her teeth Cereys turned her attention to the young man. Rage filling her as she spoke "I doubt your Servant even has that much power with that meager amount of mana your giving it." She commented causing a horrid snarl to form on the boy's features. Mimicking that of a true monster. "You'll pay for that you low class filth! Your family is nothing! And you'll die and still be nothing!" He roared, his words stirring something within the usually calm Cereys. She detested people like him. No doubt he belonged to one of the Three founding families.

Yes, Cereys could smell the defiled mana of the man. One of the vilest Cereys had ever witnessed. "I Shinji Matou will end you and your pitiful family!" Shinji Matou spat as Cereys with her back to the massive body of water smirked. " I'd like to see you try."