Chapter Forty Seven - Acceptance and Love

"Em, I've never felt nervous about a fight before in my life. What if something happens to Lucas?" Daniel's anxiety was clear in his voice and though I was completely on board with that train of thought, it wasn't what he needed to hear right now.

"Daniel, he's going to be fine. Lucas is a great fighter and you said so yourself - he doesn't lose fights. Don't lose faith in him now," I encouraged but they sounded like shaky words even to my own ears. What if Silva seriously damaged Lucas? It's what Lucas wanted to do to Silva after all.

"Daniel, if there's one thing I've learned from being around Lucas for so long, it's that he sees things through. He's going to make sure this is dealt with for you and for Emily," Kyle reasoned.

If there was one thing I knew about fighting - and it wasn't much - it was that it was extremely dangerous, especially when there was intent to harm.

We reached the door to Lucas's locker room, which was being guarded by a couple security guards. Daniel nodded to them smugly and we walked through. "So cool!" He boasted.

Miguel was taping Lucas's hands but as soon as he saw us come in, he jumped up and brushed Daniel's hair affectionately before pulling me into a tight embrace. His arms wrapped around me, his head was tucked next to my neck and he took a couple of deep breaths.

I clung onto him tightly, wanting more than anything to hold him here forever and just let this fight pass by. But I knew I couldn't. Like
Kyle said, he had to see this through, for Daniel and for himself.

"I love you," I whispered to him.

"I love you more than anything, Emily. Whatever happens tonight, please know that." Lucas's voice was strong and clear, with a hint of emotion that I knew he was attempting to suppress.

Lucas reached down and used his hand to pull Daniel's head towards him as he hugged his brother. "Don't listen to a single thing that piece of shit says. He's scum. You'll never be measured by anything other than your bright mind and kind soul."

Daniel blinked back tears and his arms wrapped tightly around Lucas, but he didn't say anything. And for once his lack of words meant a lot. This is what he had needed from his brother. Acceptance and love; and he had found them both.

"Love you, Danny," Lucas kissed the top of his head before standing back up.

"Lucas, I love you, you big softie!" Daniel exclaimed, the pure joy radiating from his voice.

His fingers brushed against my own, "Ready to walk out?" He asked with a small smile tugging at his lips.

Miguel rushed forward to finish the taping of Lucas's hands and slipped his robe on his wide back.

I let Daniel and Lucas walk out first before Kyle slipped his arm inside the crook of mine, "Looks like it's us two yet again." Miguel was on the phone, presumably to Maria behind us.

I grinned, "Glad to walk in with a hunk like you, Kyle."

He paused, "You think I'm a hunk? Because it'd be great if you could set me up with a friend. Any friend. Like I'd be open to anyone at this point."

I laughed as we exited the room only to see Daniel and Lucas had stopped walking in front of us and were laughing at something together.

Daniel held his hand out to me, "You gotta come in with us, Em."

Kyle dropped my arm. "It's like prom all over again," he sighed.

"Sorry Kyle," I chuckled.

"Come on, I'll dance with you, Kyle," Miguel grinned as he linked arms with his friend.

"Thanks," he muttered drily.

I gripped onto Daniel's hand for a moment as he squeezed mine before Lucas held onto my other.

"Brother and sister, united again-" Daniel mused wistfully.

"-No. We're not doing that," Lucas interrupted.

"It could be like Game of Thrones," Daniel teased.

I rolled my eyes at the brothers. Daniel let go of my hand to wheel in but Lucas kept his fingers tightly interlaced with my own, giving them an encouraging squeeze.

We walked into the brightly lit hallway, hearing only a whisper of the screams I was about to hear in a moment.

We passed the doorway with several security guards monitoring the area and into the bright arena. Music was blasting, an announcer was introducing Lucas, fans were going completely wild.

Women were holding signs for Lucas ranging from their consent to sexual relations with him to their colourful love for him.

Lucas never let go of my hand and I appreciated the support. I didn't understand why Daniel liked this. This was like a nightmare coming to fruition.

"...Lucas Millaaaar accompanied by his usual
Manager, friend, and brother, and what looks like a significant other!"

"The crowd is piled in tonight, Dan!"

"You can say that again, Mark. These tickets cost a pretty penny so everyone here is expecting a fight."

"I think that's a guarantee. These fighters have angst. We saw a snapshot of that at the pre-fight conference."

Lucas pulled me in for an embrace and I tried to block everything and everyone out as I gazed into his blue eyes. They looked steady and that was something I'd come to depend on. He was dependable and kind and I realized I couldn't live without him.

He placed his forehead against mine and closed his eyes for a moment. The crowd seemed to disappear, the wild cheers becoming but quiet murmurs in my ears.

"For you. For Daniel," Lucas whispered bending down to kiss me. The mere brush of his lips, but there was something so meaningful behind it. His hands caressed down my arms before letting me go and entering the ring, already bouncing on the tips of his feet. That familiar stoic look dominating his features yet again. He was focused. He was determined.

Silva had entered the ring before Lucas and his gaze teetered from Lucas to Daniel and I sitting at the base of the ring.

I could see everything from this angle. I could feel every emotion that crossed Lucas's face.

The referee brought the two fighters to the middle of the ring to discuss ground rules, of which I was sure went over both fighter's heads. They were too focused on each other. He asked them to bump fists to initiate the fight but both declined, holding their arms tightly at their sides.

He shrugged as the bell rang. Round one was underway.

~~~~~

Final fight next chapter! But sadly (not for me since I'm in love with these characters and don't want to let them go), not the end.

I'm working on another story that I'll continue once Fight For Me is done. It's called Odd One Out about a quirky main character who wears her heart on her sleeve and finds herself in love with someone she hasn't talked to. She gets the help of her (sexually active) neighbour to learn the ways of getting someone to notice - and hopefully fall in love with - you.

It would mean so much if you could check out the first couple chapters!