𝟛𝟟

Barty and the Marauders were all sat in the dorm discussing where Regulus would be, what could've happened to him when he himself walked through the door.

He looked wide eyed at the group before looking at James, his eyes were puffy from crying and he had heavy eye bags from lack of sleep.

"James I-" James ran up to him giving him a tight hug. He put his hand on Regulus' cheek analyzing his face. Sirius' eyes widened as he realized how much James truly cared for Regulus.

"Reggie I thought something happened to you I-" Regulus pulled away from the hug even though he didn't want to, James looked at him confused.

"James I need to talk to you... alone" James looked at Barty and Sirius behind him before nodding.

"So Reggie what did you want to talk about" they were sat in front of a tree by the Black Lake.

"We need to break up" James looked shocked and hurt, Regulus could barely stand it. But he needed to do this.

"What?" His voice cracked causing Regulus to grab his cheek, both their eyes were filled with tears.

"I'm sorry James I love you, I love you so much I can't stand it, that's why we have to break up" Regulus felt a tear slide down his cheek as he stared at James.

"What kind of twisted logic is that?!" James started crying as well.

"I'm sorry but I'm a death eater James I work for fucking Voldemort! I can't protect you if he finds out about us"

"That's fine I can protect myself please Reggie don't do this" Regulus shook his head.

"Not against Voldemort. James I love you so much I couldn't bear to loose you I'm sorry James I'm so sorry but we should've never gotten together, it's too dangerous for you"

"I love you too... I love you too Reggie please"

Regulus leaned in to kiss James, a kiss goodbye. He got up and walked away leaving James sobbing by the tree

_____

Ouch that hurt. I hated writing this so much omg like I'm in tears and it's my own damn book.

Dont worry this isn't the end for Jegulus they'll just be apart for awhile for narrative purposes.

holliewolliewoo I apologize plz don't poo in my nostrils