forty five

"Wait wait wait go back." Sirius interrupted. "You two snuck out to Hogsmeade and didn't bother inviting us?"

"Sirius we just told you the teachers and a load of other people are having secret meetings and this is what you're stuck on?" Remus questioned.

"Well it was quite rude of you."

"It doesn't matter for Merlins sake!" Greta cut in. "Do you think it's about the war?"

"WAR?" James yelled.

"Don't act so surprised, James. It's bound to happen sooner or later. Have you even been reading the newspaper?" Remus said.

"Yes but I really don't think war is the right term."

"Then what other word would you prefer?" Greta snapped.

"I dunno..."

"Okay! Moving onto something a bit lighte-"

"Sirius, it's important that we talk about this stuff. We're going to need to face reality soon. We won't have the protection of Hogwarts too much longer." Remus interjected.

The room went silent, the only sound being Peters candy wrappers being crushed as he lay back onto his pillow .

"Maybe let's just move on for now, Rem" Greta said softly rubbing Remus' arm.

"Yeah. Sorry mates."

"So uh... Easters coming up!" Peter said trying to change the subject.
Thank Godric he did.

── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ─

It had been several weeks since Remus and Greta had seen the meeting of teachers and other witches and wizards at the Three Broomsticks. As the end of the year neared and stress levels rose, that night and what they saw slipped from their memories temporarily.

The Marauders final week at Hogwarts till September was upon them and they were soaking in every last minute they had all together, especially Greta and Remus.

The couple say under a large tree by the lake as the June sun beamed down on them. The air was warm but not humid, a cool breeze dancing by every now and again to swipe away any sweat beginning to form.

They watched James and Sirius throwing Peter around in the water, Gretas back against Remus' bare chest still slightly damp from when they were in the water minutes ago.

"I'm going to miss this." Greta said leaning her head back so her cheek  scraped against Remus'.

"We're going to see each other lots. You'd be insane to think I'd be able to spend more than a day apart from you."

Great smiled and sunk into him further, muttering "Rem" as blush engulfed her face.

She could sense the smile on Remus' face, knowing he caused her to be flustered.

"Cmon let's go for a walk." he suggested tapping her arm slightly, signalling for her to stand.

"WE'LL BE BACK IN A FEW!" Greta yelled to the boys in the water.

"HANDS TO YOURSELF PLEASE!" James called back to which Great gave him a thumbs up. Remus chuckled as he pulled his shirt over his head and placed his arm around Gretas shoulders.

The pair strolled back up the grounds and to the castle, roaming the corridors with no set location in mind. There was distant chatter of other students in the school and the sounds of their slightly damp shoes slapping onto the stone floor as they walked in silence, simply just enjoying each other's company and Hogwarts itself before they left for the summer.