1

I fucked up. I've always prided myself on two things. My fighting abilities and my frigid heart. I'd learn to defend myself physically and emotionally at a very young age. I told myself I'd never let anyone close enough to hurt me again. Until I met him.

My mate and my destruction. Somehow I knew he would destroy me, yet I let him be my downfall. I knew it would happen the moment our eyes met, I knew loving him would be the end of me. Still I trusted him, I let him ruin and break me anyway. I guess that's what's happens when a love is one sided.

I loved him, I mean truly loved him. Not just because he was my mate, but because I could see the good in him. I could see who he could become, had he wanted to. Unfortunately for me, that's not who he wanted to be. He didn't love me the way I had loved him.

So here I lay here in the cold, mentally shattered, physically broken, bleeding out and waiting for the sweet silence and darkness of death to come finally take its hold on me. A lot of things start to run through my head, things I don't want to think about right now. So I force myself to realize and accept one final bitter truth, he never loved me.

I didn't want to believe he was capable of this. I didn't want to admit he had done this. I didn't want to accept that he had gone this far. But he is, he had, and he did. Not only is my body completely shredded and destroyed by him now, but so is what was left of my heart.

The sick part is I knew.. I knew he didn't love me. Why did I let it get this far?

Maybe it's better this way, maybe I was never meant to be loved. I mean, it's what's I had been told my entire life growing up anyway. That I was never going to be good enough. I didn't deserve love or happiness, and that I would never have a mate that loved me.

I was told repeatedly that even if I did have a mate, he would reject me. But I had believed him and the lies he told me at first. How he loved me instantly, how our lives would be perfect together and I was the only one for him.

I look up at the moon, wondering if Selene had used my life for her own personal amusement. Because it's been nothing but one sick joke after another. Turning my head up towards the sky as much as I can, I decide to give one finally howl to her.

If I somehow survive this, if I manage to pull myself together one last time; I swear two things to the Moon Goddess herself. One, I will find him and make him pay. And two, I will never let anyone into my heart ever again.

Thoughts of my sister cross my mind, I was supposed to protect her; I failed. As I close my eyes for what I assumed would be the final time, I hear a twig snap from somewhere further off into the woods.

Who would be this far into unclaimed territory?

One thing quickly comes to mind, rogues. I can't be sure, because right now the only thing I can smell is the coppery scent of my own blood. Well that's just great, instead of a quiet and peaceful death it looks like I'll be tortured just a little more before I go.

Thanks so much Selene, I knew I could always count on you to be here for me.

I listen as the steps grow closer, praying maybe they didn't hear my howl and hopefully won't smell all the blood. Who am I kidding, of course I'm never that lucky. I pry my eyes open one last time, and the last thing I remember seeing is a pair of emerald green eyes glowing from what seems like the heavens staring down at me.

"It will all be okay, I promise you."
A beautiful female voice quickly and softly goes through my head.

Of course I'm hearing shit, I'm dying. If I survive this... I will fucking kill him.

Ignoring the eyes and the soft the voice in my head, I finally fall into the darkness that's finally taking its hold on me. Or so I thought.

*****Authors Note- The photo at the top is how I vision Nova, but feel free to change her into whoever you want to see her as.