𝒹ℯ𝓊𝓍

"Wait for them to approach you." My mother says walking in with me.

"Your royal highness." A man approaches me.
"Micheal Spencer, Baron Churchill-"

"No." My father interrupts him making his smile fall before walking away.

"He just wants the best for you." My mother whispers in my ear.

The next hour was filled with "No's" and dances to the few my father had not scared away.

"It was a pleasure dancing with you." Lord Harris says
"I hope to see you tomorrow."

"I hope so too." I smile at him before parting ways with him. He was not that bad.

I walk over to a servant grabbing a glass of champagne before walking to take a break looking at some paintings.

"It's a nice painting, isn't it?" I ask the kind looking man next to me.

"It is. Benedict Bridgerton." He takes my hand before placing a kiss on top of it.

"Marie Thèrése d'Artois."

"Oh your royal highness." He bows.

"Did you paint this?" I ask after looking back to the painting.

"No?"

"Good. It's a bit dark, don't you think? I wonder why it wasn't skied." I Mutter making him laugh.

"I couldn't agree with you more."

"Do you paint?"

"Sometimes tho I am not very good."

"Who says that?"

"Me?"

"Well you need other people to judge your work. Maybe you could show me sometime?"

"I suppose I could. But it is not very good."

"I do not believe that till I actually see it."

"Go dance with your sister. Keep her at arms length. Oh your royal highness." Anthony Bridgerton says to Benedict.

"Lord Bridgerton." I curtesy. "How many of you are there?" I wonder out loud.

"Like you are one to talk." Benedict jokes making me chuckle.

"I guess you are right." I smile.

"Benedict, would you please?" He asks even thought it was more of a demand.

"Why cant you do it?"

"Because I have been doing it for the day." He says making Benedict groan.

"I suppose I have to go now your royal highness." He places a kiss on top of my hand.

"Do not think this is getting you out of showing me your art. Goodbye my Lord." I smile.

"Goodbye." I watch as he walks away before turning back to his brother.

"I do not mean to come off rude but.. do you enjoy interrupting my conversations my Lord?"

"If you knew my sister you would understand." He mutters. "Please excuse me that was rude."

"Oh do not worry my Lord." I look away to see an old Lord who was interested in me... since I was five and he was thirty-five apparently.
"Say something."