Chapter 80 - Shopping with Alura

About 30 minutes after leaving L-Corp, Lena and Alura arrive at a nice fancy, and of course, very expensive, tailored suit shop. Lena has shopped in this store a few times to get herself some of her signature 3-piece suits, which have obviously cost her a pretty penny, but it's not like she can't afford it. Right now, however, Lena is very, very, excited to dress her daughter up in a little suit, which Lena does realise is something that mothers typically love to do with their children, in regards to clothes in general.

"Ah, hello Miss Luthor." A man says, as Lena and Alura enter the store, hand in hand. "How may I help you today?"

"Hello, Stephen." Lena smiles, "I'm actually here today for my daughter. I would like to buy her her own 3-piece suit. Do you have something that would fit her?"

Stephen grows a big smirk on his face as he looks at Alura.

"I believe we have a few options, although I'll have to take her measurements so it fits nicely." Stephen says.

"That should be fine." Lena smiles back.

Stephen then steps closer to Alura, and then gets down on one knee and holds out his hand.

"Hello, fine lady, I'm Stephen, it is nice to mee you." Stephen says.

"He...ello." Alura replies, clearly nervously.

Lena strokes the top of Alura's head, giving her daughter some reassurance, to hopefully make her feel more comfortable. Stephen for his part takes his hand away, understanding the girl is probably too shy to shake it.

"And what is your name?" Stephen asks, with a smile.

"A...alura." Alura says, shyly.

"Oh, what a pretty name, for a pretty girl." Stephen smiles.

Alura grows a small smile on her face upon hearing that.

"There's a smile." Stephen smirks, "Now, what type of suit would you like?"

Alura bites her lip for a moment, and then looks up at Lena briefly, before then returning to look at Stephen.

"One like momma." Alura says, with a nod of her head.

Stephen chuckles upon hearing that.

"Very well. I believe we can make that work." Stephen smiles still, and then stands up.

"I was thinking, if you have it, a maroon one, like one of mine?" Lena suggests.

"Ah, yes. I remember." Stephen says, nodding his head. "We don't have any suits that would fit her in that color right now, but I can take Alura's measurements and have one made for her. If that would be acceptable?"

"Yes, that sounds good." Lena smiles, "What do you think Alura?"

"Yes." Alura replies, nodding her head eagerly.

Lena and Stephen chuckle upon hearing that response from the young girl.

"Alright then. Can I ask you, Alura, to come step over here so I can do your measurements?" Stephen asks, with a smile, pointing to an area in the corner of the store which has a raised platform and three mirrors in front of it.

Alura looks up at Lena. Lena nods her head, letting Alura know it's okay.

"Okay." Alura says back, with a small smile on her face.

Stephen, Lena and Alura then walk over to the directed area, and Alura stands up on the raised platform.

"Okay, dear. What I have to do is I need to take your measurements, of different parts of your body. As I need to know what size your suit needs to be, as you don't want one that's too tight or baggy now, do you?" Stephen says with a smile.