| xxvi: secrets |

"The best secrets are the most twisted" — Sara Shephard

Jaipur, India

Akanksha had the autopsy reports in her hand as she sprinted towards the conference room. A few minutes ago she had gotten Vihaan's message to come over to the conference for an urgent meeting.

As she reached the room, she shuffled with the doorknob in a hurry and clumsily stumbled inside the room. The room got silent as four heads snapped towards her. Letting out an embarrassed smile, she muttered a quick sorry and moved to get a seat in the corner of the room.

She did not look up as she settled herself. She opened the report to count the number of papers in it, hoping that it was in order.

"Akanksha?" She looked up as she heard her name being called and saw that it was Vihaan.

"Yes Sir?"

He raised a brow. "Reports?"

She mentally face palmed before passing the file towards him. "Vineet had consumed Hydrogen Cyanide, the same one with which Kamal Prakash was killed. Also, Vineet was an alcoholic hence the cyanide acted with a faster speed and killed him immediately." She explained while he skimmed over the pages.

Silence followed after she completed her explanation. Akanksha could hear Vikram constantly drumming his fingers on the table, Viraaj's shoes tapping on the floor and Amar clicking his pen at a rapid speed. Whereas, Vihaan was extremely quiet, deeply thinking about something.

Akanksha sat there clueless, dumbly looking at the four men who were with her in the room. She looked at the clock on the wall behind Vihaan.

It was 6 PM.

And she was somewhat distracted.

What happened earlier had thrown her off the edge. She could have expected anything but not this. Was his secret so big that he had no option but commit suicide?