Chapter 26

IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE!! ESPECIALLY FOR YOU TECH GEEKS OUT THERE! ;)

*Previously**
"Your Dad and Max are here to see us." He told me empathizing 'us'. I looked at Eric questioningly, he also looked confused. I nodded at Luke and followed him out. Once we reached the living room I saw that everyone left. Zeke looked scared shitless and Uriah looked like he was going to pee.

"Ah! Luke and Stormy. You guys good? Great! Now to my office." Max said while leaving. Luke and I looked at each other confused.

What could he possibly want?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
We silently walked towards Max's office. There was tension between my father and I, yet I ignored it. Suddenly I felt a hand grasping my own. I turned to see that the had had actually belonged to Eric. He gave me a reassuring nods which made me smile at him gratefully.

Once we entered the room I looked around. I've never been in Max's office before. It was boring so I'm not even going bother explaining it. Max clears his throat before he spoke.

"So, I bet you both are wondering why you are here." He says. Luke and I nodded in response. My heart was rapidly beating. What if they found out I was divergent? I bet that's what happened to Amar. I glanced at Luke who looked nervous. Maybe he was also like me...

"Don't worry. The both of you aren't in trouble. I just want to talk about your initiation." Max explained. "Both of you are very skilled in combat and other things. Luke, you are currently in first. Stormy, you are currently in second. Since one of our oldest leader would be leaving us I want either of you try out for the job." He finished.

We were silent. Max wanted us to be leaders? Luke I could understand...but me? I'm pretty sure that there were more times I tried destroying dauntless than helping them. My mouth was slightly opened as I started at Max who looked dead serious. Yup, he's gone insane.

"Now there's no rush. We all know that you both are very close so we won't put you against each other," Max continued blabbing "so, tomorrow's fights would determine who would become A leader. Understood?" He asked. We stayed silent. Before he could say anything I quickly declined.

"I'll pass." I told him. Everyone looked at me shocked; including Luke. That's where my dad came it.

"But sweetie, don't you want to be a leader like me?" He asked. I looked at him dead in the eye leaving my face cold. "Would you like me to honestly answer that?" I asked. He glared and I fiercely glared back. I then looked at Leon -the leader who was leaving-and gave him a stern look.

"You trust the faction in one of our hands?" I asked. He chuckled. "It's ma time to go." Was all he said. Luke stood up. "You really want to let the two troublemakers of Dauntless as Leaders?" He asked. I cracked a smile.

"Well, both of you think of it. Then let me know." Max told us. Luke and I nodded and bowed our heads in respect. I almost laughed. Luke with respect is like me without pranks; never gonna happen. Before we left I faintly heard my dad asking Eric.

"Is that lipstick?" I quietly laughed. Luke who was trying to hold back his laugh, and he was not succeeding.

Luke and I walked towards our favorite hidden spot near the chasm. He was crouched down next to me as I sat on the ledge while dangling my feet.

I stared into the water. I couldn't even count the times I've wanted to jump, not out of being sad but out of curiosity. Ugh why did I have to be part Erudite? I see how I got Abnegation as part of my results. I do things for others and I love helping people. And dauntless...I don't know.

I seek the knowledge to help people and to be fearless while standing up for one another.

"Why did you decline the offer?" I asked Luke while breaking the silence. He shrugged his shoulders and looked up from where he was staring at.

"I want to live free. I don't want to be like my father." He replied. I nodded understandingly. His father got pushed off of the chasm by some people who disagreed with his ruling. "What about you?" He questioned.

My gaze was still fixed onto the water. "Aron..." I whispered. Ever since he got leadership it changed him. That was probably the reason why my mother left. The abuse. Everything. I don't want that to happen to me when I have kids. I cringed just thinking of hurting poor innocent children.

Luke nodded understandingly and sat beside me. I leaned my head against his shoulder. "So...tomorrow's fight?" I asked. I of corse want to win, but I was nervous because I had no idea who I was about to fight. My eye suddenly widened in realization. Luke got he same idea because we both said at the same moment.

"They're putting us against each other."
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
(A/N) Ayeeee! How was that?!? Just a few announcement here and here:

1) I'm getting married!! (In my dreams XD)

2) Can any of you guys make a trailer for this Story? Cause...I don't know it just seems really cool!

3) 6K READS!! WTF?!? THANKS YOU SOSOSOSOSOSOS MUCH!

4) It's not to late to enter the initiate contest!!

PEACE!✌️

P.S Here's a little game. Stormy's aptitude results were Abnegation, Dauntless, and Erudite. So in the story when stormy does something or says something aptitude test related you have to name which faction it was from.

That probably made no sense...here's a couple of examples:

"I always helped them when they were in need" <-----that would be an abnegation reference

"Stormy loved to learn new fighting techniques." <----Erudite or dauntless

See what I mean? I don't know I though it would be fun😌

If you have any questions don't be shy and message me!

Officially...
PEACEE✌️