Chapter Four

It was my first day of work and I was pretty excited. Last night, Pete had contacted me telling me I could wear anything I wanted as long as it wasn't anything that showed too much skin, or was revealing. I mean, I was working in a kids shop so I don't think showing skin was a good idea. He also said to wear something that was appropriate for working, so basically not short skirts or crop tops. He also said he'd be giving me my name tag in about a week. Today I was just getting one that said 'trainee'.

I skipped into the kitchen, all dressed, and grabbed myself an apple.

"Where you off to?" Jake asked, walking in.

"Dude put a shirt on!" I say, covering my eyes.

"Kylie, we've seen each other naked when we were kids."

"Yes, when we were kids! That's different to now!"

"Man, it's just my chest, calm down. Anyways, where you off to?" he repeated, raising an eyebrow.

"I've got myself a job."

"You have? Well done!" He patted me on the back as a way of congratulating me.

"Thanks. I start today because one of the lady's son is in hospital."

"Oh, that's terrible for her but good for you. Well done, again," he says, giving me a smile.

"Where you working?"

"A toy store that's not too far away. It's called Toy Barn."

"Oh right, okay. When do you have to be there?"

"Well, about half an hour?"

"Why don't you wait for like five minutes. Damian can drop you off." I swear he told me to stay away for him.

"No, I can walk," I tell him, declining the offer.

"He's off to work anyway and besides, where we work is so close to Toy Barn. It makes sense, Kylie."

"I can walk, honestly."

"I want to make sure you get there safely so Damian will drop you. No arguments." I resist the urge to roll my eyes but still try arguing my point.

"But-"

"I said no arguments."

"Ugh fine." I roll my eyes and munch angrily on my apple. Damian soon comes in, dressed in blue overalls. Wait, what exactly is there job? "What actually is your job?" I ask, voicing my thoughts.

"I fix cars."

"How manly."

"It is manly."

"I know, that's what I was saying. Jeez," I mutter, rolling my eyes at him.

"Where are you going?" he asks me, looking at what I was wearing.

"Well, I have a job and Jake says you have to drop me."

"Sure. When do we have to leave?"

"Very soon. Like, now."

"Ugh, dammit Jake! You could've told me sooner!" he shouts from the kitchen. Jake was in the living room so not too far away.

"Sorry! I owe you big time!" Jake replies and I laugh.

"Damn right you do!" Damian had a permanent scowl on his face. He then looked to me, his face lighting up a bit. "You ready?"

"Uh, yeah." I chuck my apple in the bin, wash my hands and go to put my shoes on. I hear Damian grab some keys. "See you, Jake!"

"Have fun! Later, Damian!"