Chapter 3

Sarah P.O.V

It's been a week since I arrived in NYC, As soon as I landed in my birthplace I got busy with unpacking my stuff and setting up my home, This house was bought by my mother before she died. She wanted to keep this house

A home yet no family member is there with me today

My family knew about my arrival but no one tried to meet me or contacted me.

I brushed off my thoughts and continued to drink my coffee while sitting in the living room when I heard my phone go off.

I quickly stood up and grabbed my phone that was lying on the desk. A smile formed on my lips by seeing the name on the screen and I answered the call.

"Hello, Grandpa!! How are you, How is grandma doing?"

"We both are fine dear, How are you? Did you settle in your new home? He asked me excitedly.

" Yes Grandpa I got settled in here. I wish you guys were here with me". I spoke sadly making my grandpa chuckle

"We both will be coming to NYC this weekend sweetheart. It's the time when I should finally hand over the company to you". My grandpa said in a serious tone.

"Yes Grandpa, I remember that, I just hope I can handle the responsibilities well".

"You will handle everything well, my dear. You are perfect for being the head of the company." Grandpa assured me.

"Well, let's hope for the best, " I said positively.

"OK Sweetie See you on the weekend," Grandpa spoke

"Sure Grandpa. Say hello to Grandma, Bye ".

I disconnected the call and started thinking about how different the situation is today.

My grandpa Stephen D'Amario, never trusted my father after what he did to me when mom died. My grandpa started this company when he was in his 20s, my mom was the legal heiress of the company since she was the only child. After my mom married my father, they both handled the company very well until my mom was diagnosed with cancer.

Slowly my mother stayed mostly at home or in the hospital, meanwhile, my father handled our company. But my grandpa made sure that once I turned 21, the company would be legally transferred in my name.

I remembered How badly Lisa treated me so that Lisa and her daughter got all the benefits from the company, basically, money is what she wants.

Lisa made sure I didn't fit in the criteria where I was capable of handling the company in the future. She even manipulated my father to stop my education after high school, somewhat she was successful in doing that as well. My father asked me to stop my education after high school, he told me that I wasn't capable of studying in university.

Although I always made sure to maintain good grades, I wasn't the topper of my class but I was among those few good students who always performed well throughout their high school.

I still remember those dreadful memories because of which I still have nightmares about the things that happened to me in that house.

FLASHBACK

I just came back from high school and was busy finishing my assignments. All of a sudden Jessica and Chloe busted into my room.

"Hey, ugly bitch. I heard you called Adrian last week." Jessica said angrily.

" Yes I did call him, I was missing him and it was a very long time since we talked," I said without looking at her.

"Well, an ugly duckling like you doesn't deserve a friend like Adrian. I don't know why Adrian even decided to be your friend" Chloe said loudly.

" I guess he generally makes friends regardless of how they look or how rich they are. Let him decide whom he wanna be friends with." As soon as those words left my mouth, I felt something hard hit my face.

I felt blood at the corner of my lips. Before I could even come into what happened I got a punch on my stomach from Jessica.

Before I could guard myself, Chloe took the opportunity and held my arms from behind. Jessica slapped me again on the face and when she was done with the abuse, she spat on my face.

"I guess you learned a lesson for now bitch. Now Stay away from Adrian or else next time the consequences are worse." Jessica said angrily and turned to leave the room.

Before leaving my room they both made sure to ruin my assignment as well, they tore my assignments which I needed to submit the next day.

I sat there crying while hugging myself. I don't know why they have a problem with my friendship with Adrian. He is the only friend I have now. I wiped my tears and decided to start my assignment again from the start.

Finally, after 3 hours, I was done with my assignment, when I noticed the time I saw it was already 1 am. I heard my stomach rumble, but I chose to go to bed since I didn't want any more drama today.

FLASHBACK ENDS

I sighed remembering those memories. I hated myself back then for not standing up for abuse.

Maybe I was weak I didn't have any support at that time.

Although grandpa and grandma always doubted there was something off I didn't want them to take any stress because of me.

Today I am a stronger person, I can protect myself now. I even learned basic self-defense when I enrolled in university. Seeing how strong and decisive I am today, gives me the confidence to hold the responsibility of the heiress of Amario Enterprises.

______________________________________________________

COMMENT, VOTE, AND SHARE THE STORY IF YOU LIKE!!!

Thanks, guys!!!