𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲: 𝘣𝘶𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘴

☼

When the night comes, Loki sits on the bed. He holds the crystal identical to what he gave to Thor, and is thinking about going after him without waiting for a signal.

Anya comes to the room, knocking. "Hey, you should eat with us."

"Oh, no, thank you. It's fine. I don't eat food as ofte—"

"No, really. Someone is here to see you." She offers a smile before leaving.

Loki curiously follows after a few minutes, only to see Nick Fury in the dining room.

The god straightens up and approaches with a smug grin. "Well, if it isn't Nick Fury, the pirate. I heard that your precious SHIELD has been infiltrated and dissolved. My condolences."

Fury sends him an awful glare. "Don't celebrate yet, real power. You're still here to assist the team." He huffs. "Steve told me that you can locate the scepter and find Ultron using Anya's energy." Fury looks to Anya, who has Clint's youngest daughter on her lap.

"Yes, I can. However, I can only do it during daytime. Miss Romanoff here needs to rest if we need to search for it again. They all suffered quite a bit today."

"Yeah, but Derren Brown here put a block in our heads so the Maximoff girl can't get in." Tony pats Loki's back, to which the god grimaces at. "He is so useful now, I might just give him a smooch." Tony smirks.

"Please don't." Loki pushes him away.

Anya glances at them and a strange feeling fills her chest. So, she wasn't the only one he did it for. Anya isn't sure why she thought she was special during that moment in the ship.

Fury discusses Ultron with the team, even with the God of Mischief among them. Clint's daughter climbs off Anya's lap and goes to Loki, for some reason.

She slightly tugs on the cloth of his pants to get his attention, and Loki looks down at the little girl who shows him her butterfly drawing.

Making sure the others don't see him, Loki kneels on the ground and smiles softly at the girl, holding out his fist. Loki opens his hand and a similar yellow-winged butterfly flutters from his palm and starts flying.

The little girl gapes with wonder and grins widely, watching the butterfly fly around her. Loki smiles wider once the little girl giggles when the butterfly touches her face.

Anya is watching them from afar, and a strange yet pleasant feeling takes over her as she listens to the little girl giggle quietly. The others see the interaction, and for once, none of them made a move to stop Loki. Steve even had a smile on.

Bruce eyes the butterfly and before Loki could make the illusion disappear, the doctor speaks. "They need to evolve. Ultron's going to evolve." He announces. "Maybe we don't need Loki and Anya to find the scepter. I think I know where it is."

The idea that Ultron is building a body with Helen Cho has finally crossed their minds, and they all begin to prepare.

Anya is in her room, staring at herself in the mirror as she ties her hair. When she exits the bathroom, Loki is seated on the bed, wearing a button-up shirt and black pants. His long black hair spills over his shoulders. He stands once she's in the room.

"I will not be joining you for this mission."

Anya frowns a bit. "Why not?"

"My brother, he's... he's been gone for a whole day, and I am beginning to wonder if something happened to him."

"Thor's a god. If you're worried about him being threatened by a couple robots—"

"I'm not worried. However, he mentioned something about his dreams. The things he saw from the witch's magic. I fear he's not thinking clearly." He laces his fingers together, and they twitch with alarm.

Anya crosses her arms with concern. "I won't blame him. The girl messed with all of us. Played our own fears."

"I don't think my brother has any fears, which all the more confuses me."

"Hey," she clasps her hands around his. "Thor's going to be okay. If he's not, I'll help you get to him myself."

Loki looks into her eyes for a moment, seeing the fierceness and fragility behind them. His lips part with astonishment once he observes the little specks in her blue eyes. He lowers his eyes to their hands.

Once Anya grows aware of their closeness, she pulls her hands away and steps back. "I'll see you outside."

He watches Anya walk past him. Loki is alone, and he lets out the breath he was holding as he feels something erupt inside his stomach. He blinks a few times, shaking his head before leaving the room.

note: loki with children,,, chef's kiss
also, did you see what i did there in the chapter title and the last paragraph? mwah