chapter three

TW: murder, graphic descriptions of crime scenes, mention and feature of serial killers, mention and usage of guns, mention of sexual assault, mention of terrorists, details of torture, racist ideologies from criminals, mild language, police presence.

the tribe, part one of two.

" when the last tree is cut down, the last river is poisoned, the last fish caught, only then will man discover that he cannot eat money. " - cree indian wisdom. 

-

"And honestly, I'm finding it pretty good," Genevieve said, smiling as Elle nodded. The two had struck up a polite conversation by the coffee pot, and Elle had been asking how she was finding the job.

It had been a few weeks since she joined the unit, and she had found her place pretty well. She had clicked the most with Derek, which Gideon had noticed, which made him partner the two up for most cases, and got along with Hotch as well as anyone could really get along with him.

She liked Gideon well enough but found that although he was a genius, his thinking pattern was a little disorganised, which made him a little tough to handle sometimes. She and Elle were friendly, but both women seemed to merely tolerate the other, which was good enough.

She had also made fast friends with both JJ and Garcia, both of which she had taken an immense liking to immediately, and was definitely more than comfortable around them. She and Spencer were still a little bit of a problem. Hotch had seemed to realise that the two didn't have a very smooth history, and had brought them both into his office to discuss whether it was going to be a problem, but much to Genevieve's surprise, Spencer defended her and said that their personal feelings wouldn't interfere with their jobs.

"Hey, there's Garcia," Elle said, tilting her head behind Genevieve, who turned around, to see a very flustered looking Garcia wandering into the bullpen.

"What are you doing so close to other humans, Garcia? Get tired of your bunker?" Genevieve joked as the two walked over to her, greeting the blonde warmly. Garcia was distracted, and staring at something way behind them.

"I was on my way to file the things that I file..." The tech-whizz said dreamily, her gaze still fixed on something - someone - a small distance away from them. Taking the hint, Elle and Genevieve turned slowly to look where she was looking, and the two profiler's jaws dropped.

Standing a few feet away from them, was a devastatingly handsome blonde man who looked like he belonged on the front cover of a sports magazine. He turned around to see the three women gawking at him.

"Excuse me," He said, making a beeline towards them.

"Hey," Genevieve and Elle said in unison, while Garcia stood, still dumbstruck by the man's looks.

"I'm looking for-"

"Sean!" Derek's enthusiastic voice came from behind the trio of women. They looked around furiously, about to silently tell him off for interrupting their conversation, but too late, he had already cut in front of them and was shaking the stranger's - Sean's - hand. "Hi. Derek," He introduced himself. "You must be looking for your brother,"

"Yeah,"

"Right this way," Derek said, clapping him on his shoulder, and leading him away.

"Brother?" Elle repeated, her eyes widening as she realised who Sean's brother was.

"That can't be... Hotch's brother?" Genevieve asked, looking back in disbelief to catch one more glimpse of Sean.

"Maybe Hotch was adopted?" Garcia suggested.