𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨: 𝘢 𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘦𝘵 𝘴𝘶𝘯

☼

Anya slowly wakes up and jolts to sit up. Looking down at her outfit, she's wearing a white tank top and her black jeans. There's an IV wire attached to her arm, and she pulls them out with a hiss. She slips on her boots before leaving the room and almost bumps into someone.

Loki steps back, and is slightly surprised that she's awake. "Miss Anastasia."

"Loki," she breathes out. "What happened in Sokovia? Is everyone okay now?

"Yes. Everything is fine." He glances at her from head to toe. "Are you fine?"

"Yeah. I think so... what... what happened to me?"

Loki steps aside and politely gestures for her to walk beside him, and she complies. "If I am to guess, your body is not used to continuous usage of your abilities."

Anya winces as she adjusts her shoulders. "You don't say."

Loki leads her to a training room, and Natasha is standing alone. Anya smiles and greets her with a hug. Loki nods at them and leaves to go to his brother.

The two sisters talk for a while, Anya finds out about Bruce and how heartbroken Natasha is about it. Anya sighs when Natasha asks to be alone for a moment, so she goes outside and sees Tony, Steve, Thor and Loki together.

"I'm going to miss these little talks of ours."

"Not if you don't leave." Tony says to Thor.

"I have no choice. The Mind Stone is the fourth of the Infinity Stones to show up in the last four years. It's not a coincidence. Someone has been making pawns out of us."

Steve and Tony walk away together to go to Anya and the two brothers face each other. "Will you—"

"Your letters will be sent to the falls, as promised."

Loki relaxes and smiles at Thor. "When will you return?"

"I'm not sure." Thor sadly informs. "But I will come back as soon as I can. I trust that you will do well here. Among them?" He nods behind Loki.

The young god turns his head and sees Anya with Steve and Tony, laughing at whatever Tony said. Loki seems to have softened, and Thor notices with a hidden smirk.

Loki looks back at his older brother and nods. "I shall be fine among them. They are tolerable, it seems."

Thor chuckles, embracing Loki. The dark-haired God makes a show by rolling his eyes, but hides his smile as he hugs his brother. "The next time we see each other, I think you'd have grown to like them."

"Oh, do not hold your breath, brother." Loki smiles at Thor, stepping back as he watches him be engulfed by the Bifrost, only a sigil being left behind.

The smile fades from Loki's face as he looks around the place, seeing various strangers walking around and looking busy. Without his brother around, he is not sure if the way people treat him would change.

It wasn't until Anya walks up to him with a smile. "You good?"

Loki nods. "Yes. Now, come on. We've got some newcomers that Captain Rogers would want you to meet." He proceeds to walk back to the compound and confuses Anya.

"Newcomers?"

***

"By newcomers, I didn't think it was JARVIS as an actual android and the girl who practically tore our minds apart." Anya mutters to Steve as they walk.

They pass the library, where Anya briefly sees Loki reading a book nearby the window.

"Wanda has nowhere else to go, and the android is called the Vision." Steve leads her to the training room. "The news is loving them all. Even Loki, can you believe it?" He chuckles. "Just a year ago, Loki was taking over the world and now he's being praised from saving it."

All because he wanted to send letters to his mom who passed away, Anya thinks to herself. She hides her smile from Steve.

"Sooner or later, everyone else is going to get used to him. It's only a matter of time until people recognize him as part of the team. Even when he doesn't like it." Steve says.

His words play through her mind the whole day. During her training, Steve had to slip out early to hang out with Sam. When Anya hears footsteps arrive in the room, she turns to see Wanda Maximoff.

Anya gives her a brief look. "Hi."

Wanda walks over to her. "Hello. Um... I want to apologize for the way you and I first met." She quietly says, as if she was embarrassed. "I must've hurt you."

Anya stops her movements and looks at the girl. "It's okay. We both do things to protect ourselves. I don't blame you. If I was on Ultron's side, having your powers, I'd have done the same thing."

"But you weren't on his side. And you can't do what I do," Wanda shamefully says. "I just wanted to say sorry."

Anya nods. "I forgive you."

The Sokovian woman musters a small smile. "On a different note, the man in the library. I was told that he owned the scepter?" Anya nods at her. "Do you think... he can teach me to control my powers? I would... I would love to learn from him." Wanda quietly states.

Anya smiles apologetically. "Oh, uh... sorry. I don't really know. He's just around, you know? He's not exactly here to be an Avenger. He's practically forced to live here. I'm not sure if you've been told, but after New York, Loki is banished from his home planet until his father lets him come home."

"Oh..."

"Tony arranged for him to stay here instead of anywhere else. It's easier to keep an eye on him that way."

Wanda nods, a bit disappointed but she still smiles at Anya. The two of them talk while Anya works out. Anya tells her about her sister, and Wanda tells her about her previous life in Sokovia with her brother. Anya can already tell that she is a good person, and they will get along quite well.

note: wanda and anya are going to be great friends :,)
thank you for 4k reads!