CHAPTER 21

"Let's go? "

Riki asked as he walked downstairs. Amber smiled and nodded as they exit the house.

Just like what the ravenette promised, the they will have a walk at the park then go to this certain beach where the they went before to watch the sunset.

The two of them walked down the road as pure silence engulfed them.  The only thing you'll hear was the sound of their steps and the cars passing by.

Riko glanced at the spirit who is oddly quiet as of the moment. Their hands are intertwined but the the other's gaze is focused ahead of them. Riki smiles at her beautiful side profile.

"You're quiet, it's strange. " the ravenette spoke, breaking the silence between them causing the spirit to glance at him.

"We're in a public place, remember the rule? "

Amber's voice was extra soft which is really strange to the other. It's like she's shy or something and Riki couldn't comprehend what's happening.

The ravenette chuckled. "Well, it's the first time you're following that rule then. I'm not used to it. "

Truth is, Amber didn't want other people to think that the ravenette is crazy for talking to empty space. Talking to nothing.

She really didn't care before as she loves teasing him but now, she just.... She won't let other people judge him. And yeah, she will hunt whoever hurt her Rikipoop like a literal bitch ghost.

She's not a bitch but she will be if someone hurts the ravenette.

After some time, they arrived at the park. They immediately sat on the first bench on the entrance as Riki claimed that he's tired and needed to rest or else he will pass out.

Amber, who finds the other extra dramatic, shook her head and let the other rests as she also sat next to him. Silence once again engulfed them.

Amber is so tempted to just confess right there. Right at that moment. It's not like Riki can reject her there because, apparently, there are lots of people around them. Some are sitting on the grass and the others are walking on the pavement.

So maybe it's not a bad idea?

Or maybe it is but Amber didn't care. She's nothing but a spirit now so maybe it won't be that hurtful if the other rejects her.

So with that thought, she decided to break the silence.

"Do you remember when I said I considered you as my sun? " She started, smiling when the other gave her a quick glance and hummed in a smooth way so no one would notice.

"I really mean it. " Amber added. "You really did lit up my world. No one sees me, only you can. And even if they feel me, they'd immediately leave me but you, you're the only one who didn't. And I'm glad it's you who bought that hunted house. "

Riki wanted to interrupt the spirit upon hearing how she refer to their house but restrained himself from doing so, especially when there's a couple sitting on the bench across them.

"And I... This might end up ruining what we have but I.. " Amber paused, feeling nervous to say it.

"I like you. " she spoke before she could even chicken out. "Not like as f-friends but as person. A-and I might f-falling for you. "

To say Riki was stunned would be an understatement as he didn't expect the other to suddenly confess to him.

Today.

In a public place.

Truth is, he was having a little problem when to tell the other about his feelings without scaring her or making her uncomfortable.

But here she is, confessing to him in the park where he cannot answer nor talk to her without looking crazy in the eyes of people around him.

Riki let out a deep sigh as he rises to his feet and faced the spirit, feeling happy that his feelings were being reciprocated.

"Hold my hand and walk with me. " He said, lifting his hand waiting for the spirit to take, eyes looking directly at hers.

"Here? In this park? " Amber hesitantly asked.

Riki nodded whilst letting out a smile. Though Amber immediately shook her head vigorously, eyes looking around them.

"No no no you can't. We're in public pla—"

Amber was cut off midst of her sentence when the ravenette reached for her hand and hold them tight.

"I don't care. " He said nonchalantly as he started walking down the pavement of the park, swaying both of their hands while smiling widely. "Let's pretend that you're alive and we're having our first date. "

Our first date...

First date.

A smile formed on Amber's lips. "You weren't supposed to talk to me nor acknowledge my presence. People will think you're crazy talking to nothing. "

The ravenette chuckled. "Let them think whatever they want. Just stay with me. " He says, glancing at her with a smile on his lips. "And I guess I figured out why you're acting weird since I woke up. " he added.

They walked down the park with their hands intertwined and neither of them let go, especially the ravenette. Even when the people are giving him weird looks for looking at the spirit, which is only visible to him, and suddenly smiling while swinging his hand.

They must think he's crazy and honestly, Riki didn't care. He doesn't care. He's too happy to even care what they're thinking.

After walking down the park, they walked down to a certain direction and soon they found themselves listening to the sound of the waves hitting the shore as their eyes are focused ahead of them. With Amber on top of the rock again and the ravenette leaning to it with their hands still clasped to one another.

"I didn't expect you to confess to me, you know. " Riki chose to break the silence as he tore his gaze ahead of him and looked at the spirit instead.

Amber looked at him causing their eyes to meet. She immediately avert her gaze as her cheeks turned into a shade of pink which isn't that noticeable since the sun, which by now is setting , is kissing her skin giving this reddish-orange colour.

"And to answer you " Riki paused as he lifted their clasped hand and kissed her fist causing the spirit to look at him with wide eyes. "No, I don't like you. "

Oh....

It's.... Okay.

Amber forced a smile, tearing her gaze from the ravenette as she felt her heart clenched. "I-it's okay, I kinda expecte—"

"Because I love you. "

Amber instantly looked at him with wide eyes, too wide like a plate that makes the ravenette chuckled.

"And you're unfair, you know. You said you might be falling for me when I already fell for you. " The ravenette added with a teasing voice causing the other to smile.

"You love me? " The spirit asked which Riki answered with a nod. "But how? I'm a spirit and you're alive—"

"Yes and I don't care. " he interrupted her.

Amber was about to utter a reply but a loud ringtone stopped her.

Riki groaned as he fished out his phone and was about to reject the call but seeing the caller ID, he immediately answered the call.

"Yes Jake hyung? "

"Riki, I found the report file of the person you requested. "