eight

Meher's POV,
Today is the third day since Imraan has started tutoring me, but the problem is.... I'm tooooo slow. Accounts is the worst! Still I opted for Commerce because I knew Science was out of question for me. And according to my parents, I just need to get a degree for name sake and because Rubeena aunty wants an educated daughter in law.

Still, he's soo patient with me. However, I'm afraid if his patience runs out with me...then I'll be completely lost again. Also, the way he stood up for me that day.....was soo cool!
After that day, until now, Azlaan hasn't even said a word to me and it feels soo good. I feel safe and do feel the will to attend college.

"This entry is wrong. It should be the other way." He explained.

I panicked. Why do I keep making the same mistake?! Always interchanging debit and credit.

"Sorry." I quickly began changing it.

He smiled.
"It's ok. The more mistakes you make the better you'll understand and remember."

"You must be tired of me." I said embarassed with myself.

"Not at all ... I'm actually enjoying this."

I looked at him confused and he chuckled.
"When you make mistakes I remember better because I can rectify it for you getting double practice and I also realise in what places I need to avoid making mistakes too."

"I'm sure you would never make stupid mistakes like me."

"I do, trust me. Sometimes I have to strike out whole pages and write it all over again trying to understand a simple entry. Then I after completely understanding it I do it all over again as a practice, then the next day I go through it again, mentally solving the problem. Then after a week or two, I solve it again from scratch."

The way he was explaining his study techniques as if it was nothing but my mouth was wide open.

"Wallah! I don't have that much patience in me. Hats off to you!"

He laughed.
"Thankyou." He bowed slightly making me giggle.

And after 3 days I'd finally learnt more than enough of journal entries.

He was looking outside the window from where we could see the vadapav stall and the smell of freshly fried vadas was filling our nostrils.

"It's smells good. I'm getting hungry now."

I hesitated a bit. Will it be akward if I say it?

"Um... Imraan."

"Hm?" He looked at me.

"Uh... actually....after this can we go to the canteen?"

"Sure, are you getting hungry too by the smell?" He grinned.

"It's not that.... actually.... let's me just finish this first." I smiled.

"Ok...cool."

When I was done, he checked the problem giving me the ok sign as I smiled widely satisfied and then we called it a day.

We found an empty table and took our seats.
Before he could ask me what I wanted I took out 2 tiffin boxes from my bag and pushed one in front of him.

"That's for you." I said meekly. I didn't even know if he'd like it or would he find me weird.

He sure had a shocked and confused look on his face.
"For me?"

I nodded.

"You didn't had to go through the trouble Meher."

"No, I did make one for myself so I just increased the quantity. Nothing much and also, you're helping me soo much without any fees. This is the least I can do."