eleven

Meher's POV,
I tried really hard but I just couldn't stop my tears as Daddy was leaving. I won't be able to see him for an entire year now. Yes, video calls are an option, but still, he actually won't be with me. He told me not to cry and that I was his strong girl, but everyone knows I'm not strong at all.

Bhai hugged me telling me that 1 year will be over within a blink of an eye but it only made me cry harder as he was leaving the next day too. Even if it was just for a few days, yet, we siblings have never been apart like this before. Also, he said that, if he got the job, he'll stay there for another 2 weeks or even more.

And just like that, the next day passed too with him leaving as well.
"My sister is the biggest cry baby I've ever seen." He laughed hugging me.
"Stop crying now. I'll bring you a really nice gift when I come back." He promised and I just nodded.

Now the house feels soo empty with just me and Mumma. However, even though I was sad seeing them leave, something really amazing happened before all that and it has gotten me dancing with joy.

Azlaan said that he loves me!!!

10 years!!! I've been waiting 10 years to hear that from him. I was soo happy that.... I couldn't sleep all night.

Flashback

Azlaan couldn't make it for lunch but he was here for dinner, along with Akram uncle and Rubeena aunty. They were the one who brought food for us. Daddy had his flight at midnight, so we had early dinner around 8pm.

I was scared....soo scared that I could just throw up as he sat right in front of me at the dinner table while Mazhar bhai sat beside him. The atmosphere was like a silent cold war.

Uncle and aunty informed us that they were leaving for London for a couple weeks as well so Azlaan would be alone. Akram uncle asked me and Ammi to look after him at times and I just nodded while Mumma, very enthusiastically agreed with him. Rubeena aunty just looked at me indifferently like always.

After dinner, when the elders sat in the lawn to talk and I was going to the kitchen to wash the dishes, suddenly, Azlaan grabbed my wrist and my blood ran cold.

"Come with me." He demanded and I shuddered shaking my head meekly but it was a warning from him and I had to comply.

He took me to my room and slowly closed the door as my trembling orbs stayed on the ground.

"I'm s... sorry." I mumbled

"What for?"

I didn't know in what way I'd offended him this time but I apologized just in case. I didn't wanted him to hurt me.... even the elders were outside afterall.

I jumped as he stepped towards me placing his hands on either sides of me in the wall trapping me. I didn't dare to look at him.

"Look up at me ...is the floor more interesting than me?"

I shook my head and looked up at him unable to control my shaking.

His hand reached closer to my face making me shut my eyes tight and I felt his fingers below my chin.
"I'm sorry."

His shocking words made me open my eyes in utter disbelief.

"Meher.... I hurted you, didn't I? I'm sorry about that. You're my wife and I shouldn't have done that. I should cherish you and take care of you. I've realised my mistake Meher. So please, can you give me another chance?
I love you Meher."