Chapter 57

I was standing in front of the mirror in my wedding dress with my mom clapping excitedly beside me and my dad crying in the corner.

"You look beautiful darling" Mom squealed.

I smiled. "Thank you mom" My phone on the table beside me dinged with a message and I reached out to take it knowing it was Ian but my mom beat me to it.

"No talking to him till you walk down the aisle"

I gasped. "Why?"

"Because I say so" She placed my phone far away from me and took her own phone out. "Now say cheese" She grinned.

I rolled my eyes. "Mom there are plenty of photographers downstairs"

"Who cares about them? Now say cheese"

I heaved a sigh and posed for the photo, or photos considering she took several hundreds. Hurried footsteps came up the stairs and the door to the room flew open, revealing a panting Lexi and Brian.

Lexi gave an ear piercing scream. "Ahh you look gorgeous babe!"

I laughed. "Thanks. Is everyone there?"

"Yes. You just need to make the grand appearance now"

Mom sighed. "Before that this man needs to clean himself up" She said motioning to my dad, who was still sobbing, his cheeks red and eyes puffed.

My lips tugged up and I walked over to him. "Dad"

He sniffled. "I know I know darling" He took several wet tissues out and wiped his face with it. He looked at me and his lips trembled. "It's just I got so emotional seeing you in this beautiful dress Hailey. You're so beautiful" He sobbed again.

I pouted and embraced him in a warm hug. "Thanks dad"

"I'm so happy for you Hailey. Ian is a very lucky man to have you" He pulled back and slowly smiled at me, wiping his tears. "Now we should go. He must be waiting for you"

Brian gave me my bouquet with a huge grin on his face. "You look sexy Hailey"

Lexi smacked him. "You don't say sexy to a bride. You say beautiful or pretty"

Brian rolled his eyes. "Whatever. All I know is that I won't be using any of those words in your wedding"

Lexi gasped and I choked with laughter.

"You little shit-"

Before she could finish my mom grabbed both their arms. "Children, we should go now and take a seat before the bride comes" Then she forcefully dragged them out of the room to the garden reception downstairs.

Dad came over to me and I smiled, taking his arm. We descended down the stairs and he came to halt in front of the large mahogany doors which I knew would straight away open to the aisle.

He looked at me. "You ready?"

I took a deep breath and nodded. "Yes"

Two valets opened the doors and music started playing. I took small steps forward, holding on to my dad's arm tightly, feeling anxious.

The aisle was decorated with white rose petals, the trees conopying above full of similar colour flowers hanging down like ropes. On either side were wooden benches full of familiar faces, family and friends. Despite knowing most of them the crowd still overwhelmed me. My heart started pounding in my chest and I took another deep breath, trying to calm myself. Slowly I wrenched my gaze away from them and looked straight ahead. My breath caught in my throat. All nervousness fled me as I saw the man standing at the end of the aisle, smiling at me. The man who would soon be my husband, Ian.