iii. The newlyweds

THREE                                          the newlyweds

" GET YOUR FUCKING BAGS AND LETS GO "CALLED OUT THOMAS AS HE STOOD LEANING AGAINST HIS NEW CAR THAT EDWARD GIFTED HIM.

" That is no way to speak to your wife." Alice said  with a taunting smirk on her lips.

Thomas silently scoffed as he then carried the last of Alice's heavy bags, while she  went back to say goodbye to her family but Thomas's hard grip made contact with her dainty wrist.

She snapped her head over to his and their eyes held a staring contest,  as they then stayed silent looking at each other eyes before she narrowed hers and snatched her wrist away, understanding that she couldn't say goodbye to her family. But just sadly wave.

As she entered the car and slammed the door, Thomas groaned and slammed the back of it in anger showing her how furious he was already.

She shrugged and looked at the window noticing up in the attic window of the Orave house was Edward Orave holding his cane shakily as he looked at his daughter with love and hope in his eyes.  And she was quite shocked, because she had never seen an emotion in her fathers eyes in all her life. And all she could do was smirk at him as he then Held a small smile dancing across his thin pale lips.

Thomas entered the car and took out a cigarette and snapped his fingers, Alice only rolled her eyes and took out her lighter as they both neared one another so she could light it.

As soon as they met eyes she held a breath and immediately went back breathing deeply. as she looked outside the window once again, the car ride was long enough for both of them to loathe each other as Alice then began to complain saying the car smelled like a dead man had fucked someone. and all Thomas could do was hold in his anger a bit longer before they made it to Small Heath.

after a few hours and small pit stops they finally made it to Brummie old Birmingham. Alice sighed in disgust showing her obvious distaste as she eyed the helpless exceedingly poor people as they walked around with rags on them with they're hard tingy hair sparking everywhere.

" how did you even live in this hell hole. " questioned Alice as the car was parked and she waited for Thomas open her door for her giving him an excuse saying her wrist fell asleep causing him to glare at her. " its home " he replied deadpanned and annoyed.

she scoffed and scrunched up her face, "pathetic " she said before turning around to eye the house she would be now living in. and as she examined it she gasped with realization hitting her immediately Thomas was carrying her bags as he heard her dramatically gasp as he then rolled his eyes waiting for another demand from the She devil.

" what's it now, love " he mocked as the then dropped the bags and began searching for the house key, " my bed won't fit! "  she screeched irritating Thomas even more as he gritted his teeth.

" there's a bed in my room, if you don't like it sleep on the couch. " he said as he found a key and suddenly the sound of skin slapping and a loud ringing banged his ears repeatedly His eyes widened when he noticed he was now laying on the floor and clutching his now burning cheek. his eyes shot up to Alice who stared down at home with pure rage in her eyes.

" Don't speak to me like that again. "

and that's when he had had enough.

The Shelby man stormed into the house throwing in the bags, Alice then began  to yell  as he quickly pushed her against the wall causing her to wince at the rough impact and widen her eyes at him as she grabbed an arm that was pinning to the wall.

Alice began gasping repeatedly as she began hitting his arm and scratching it with her long nails. " listen here you sick bitch,  I'm the fucking husband and your the wife, " he said as his hot breath fanned over her face as only kept writhing under his tight hold.

" so your gonna fucking listen to me like a good wife eh, touch me one more time and I'll fuckin' cut  you " he snarled as he pushed her further to the wall if possible and left heading to the betting den.

As Alice Orave, now Shelby, Stayed there on the floor looking completely helpless and red as blood, she realized the neither she nor Tommy will live through with this marriage.