Chapter Forty

Zaiden's POV

After our conversation yesterday about our vacation we finally settled on going to Paris which is amazing because who does not love Paris. The date was also set for two weeks from now because again I had to give Auria time to plan like come on its a freaking vacation we should just be spontaneous but no.

Did I just wanted to leave today hell yes, but guess who had different plans? Of course. Auria had this whole two weeks planned she'll just go to work for a week since we don't know when we'll be back then she'll use the next week to shop and go to our doctors appointment. Yeah, literally talking about this makes my head hurts.

"Babe!?" came here cute little voice calling out for me and I'm so enjoying this new found confidence she has now giving me nicknames. "I'm in here" I answer from the living room where I was watching the game.

Seconds later she came in with the laptop in her hand walking over to me and gracefully taking a seat before crossing her legs which I have no idea how she does that while pregnant really how can she be comfortable sitting like this but it's whatever I guess.

"Alrighty, I need your opinion on these" she says turning the screen towards me and I saw a bunch of pictures of cakes and all types of desserts "I need to name them but I'm sort of indecisive" she tells me going through the slideshow of all the delicious looking dessert that would make anyone's mouth water.

"Did you make all of these?" I asked not too surprise as I know she's super talented and amazing and she only nods with a bright smile on her face sitting here looking proud.

After sometime we finally finished going through all the names she had and naming everything she was having troubles with and it was fun even the names sounds appetizing.

Since she was going on about disturbing me even though I continuously told her it's fine but obviously she wasn't having that, as she decided on watching tv with me and if you're a guy you know just how much joy that could bring to your heart when your other half wants to do something with you or just to please you, yeah she just gave me another reason to love her even more.

I played the game watching it and cuddling her and our little guy that was getting so big over time I honestly can't wait to meet him, just hold him in my arms and look at him every second of the day to make sure he knows he's safe. I'm sure he knows he's loved already but it's gonna be different once he gets here.

********

"Baby?" I asked gently shaking her awake, she fell asleep on me during the game but I only assume she wastired from all her working So I just let her be for sometime "Auria..." I called once more before she hummed and started twisting in my arms.

She sat up still on my lap and started rubbing her eyes with her hands cutely... She stay being adorable... "What's wrong?" she asks now looking at me while I subconsciously rub her baby bump. "Nothing's wrong I just miss looking into your beautiful eyes" I tell her making her raised and eyebrow at me "what?" I ask while she stares at me "you're lying, you wouldn't have woke me to just look at my eyes" she says in a mocking tone "fine... I'm really hungry, can you to make me something please " I tell her truthfully while she laughs kissing my forehead.

"You need to learn how to cook even how to just make ramen" she says getting off me while I scrunch my face, because this ramen she speaks of does not sound appealing at all. I mean why eat that when my lovely girlfriend is a chef right?

"What do you want to eat!?" came her voice from afar which only sounds like the kitchen so I got up and walk on ahead to where her voice came from. Once I got there she was walking around the kitchen looking through the cupboard so I just informed her on what I wanted which is just avocado toast and coffee, I didn't want to eat much since it was only a couple of hours until dinner.

After she finished up making my toast I just sat at the island and ate while watching her ramage around the kitchen apparently she was in the mood to bake, so she was getting out the ingredients she needed to do so.

Yeah, you would think she's pregnant she needs to be resting. But for me who 'caused it' I try not to give her a reason to want to go off on me, I like her being sweet and calm all the time not grumpy and crying.

I'm literally not going to be around her everyday from tomorrow so I'd rather spend today with her not being mad at me, also my plan is to actually go to work with her because I don't wanna be anywhere else if it's not with her. Yes, I know I'm a clingy boyfriend or do I just like attention? The answer is both if it's Auria's attention I get to have I want it.

I still don't see why we couldn't just go on vacation now, what's the difference between today and the next two long ass weeks. I just want to go somewhere new I have not left this place in almost seven months and that's the longest I've been without going anywhere, but of course it's different now I have responsibilities and Auria is gonna be five months along next week which we both are super excited for that's the reason she wants to go to the doctor to get her check up but I'm sure our little guy is fine....Just taking away from my vacation....

"should I bake a cake too? Even though I was just thinking of making cookies " came here sweet voice dragging me from my thoughts " you have a really sweet tooth you know" I tell her as she goes to put the cookies in the oven "yeah? You tell this little one that" she says referring to her belly "so no cake?" she ask and I hesitantly shook my head and she smiles at me going to clean up the counters and everything.

After sometime with us just sitting at the island talking and her trying to convince me to go shopping with her which I finally did because she promised to let us leave for our vacation three days earlier than planned, if I had known earlier that it would only take me to say yes to go shopping for us to leave sooner we would've been on the plane by now.

The oven went off beeping pulling our attention away from our little chit chat as Auria went to go grab the cookies from there. She was so prefect and graceful in everything she does, literally she was just going to get the cookies from the oven and she looks so good doing just that.

"Ow! Shit!" she yells and I immediately shot up and ran to her while she flashes her hand, "what happened baby?" I asked getting worried as she seemed like she was about to cry "the stupid thing burn my hand" she tells me pouting "it's okay, run it under cold water I'll get these" I tell her referring to the cookies.

Once I got those out I checked on her with her now telling me its a small thing and it doesn't hurt. Honestly, who gets burned and says it doesn't hurt? I walk her to the living room and help her to take a seat and yes I know it's just her hand that got hurt but now my excuse is that she's pregnant. I got the first-aid kit and applied some antibiotics on her hand and since I didn't want her to get blisters I just leave her hand be not bothering to put a bandage on it. Don't be bothered about how I know this much about medical things it's literally me spending all my after school time in the back of the medical students class in college let's just say I picked up on a few things.

Now even though I know 'she's fine' I didn't want her to bother herself with doing anything else as she was hurt so after I got everything cleared up and got her settled on the couch I went to find Edith and inform her on what exactly Auria told me to tell her for when she prepares dinner which she thankfully understood what Auria wanted because neither of us wants a pregnant hormonal woman on our backs when someone doesn't use half table spoon of salt in the pasta sauce instead of one.

I went back to the living room to find her watching some weird kids cartoon, so I decided on just going to sit with her until she wanted to do otherwise. I went and took my seat beside her and she wasted no time in coming closer and cuddling into my arms while I tried to sooth her hands and gently kissing her head every now and then in comfort as she watches the tv.

___________________________________________________

A//n

Okay.... you guys have all the right to be mad at me I know it's been a while but there's been a really bad flu going around and I caught it so it's been a tough few days for me. Yes I'm recovering very well thankfully and I really missed writing so hopefully I can deliver to y'all what you need.

Hope you enjoyed💙💛

I love you butterflies 🦋🦋😇

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤