Bonus Chapter #1

Guilt.

Guilt was an emotion that Callum Kaufman wasn't familiar with. But right now, the heavy feeling was weighing down on his chest, making it harder for him to breathe or think straight.

Ever since he was a young boy, he was told that the world was for him to own, but right now he felt like the world that he tried to hold beneath his feet was up in flames and burning him along with it.

Callum always got what he wanted, it was never a question. But Tucker.. the young attorney was unlike anyone Callum had ever met. He was so headstrong, so set in his ways and just so passionate about what he believed in, he was a breath of fresh air.

It was a game for Callum in the beginning. He wanted what he couldn't have, but soon it turned into so much more. He fell for Tucker, harder than he ever thought he was capable of. And he wanted to do anything and everything to keep him in life.

So, he lied. He knew that Tucker would never even look at his face ever again if he got to know the things Callum was involved in. He knew that Tucker was already fighting within himself to set aside his beliefs against people like Callum to be with him, but Callum knew that this would not be something Tucker would ever be okay with.

Callum loved Tucker. So, he lied to him. He lied so that he Tucker would tell him that he loved him too, but he never heard the words he was so desperate for. And Callum only had himself to blame.

Callum had Tucker. Now he lost him. And he knew that he fucked things up so colossally that he would never be able to fix them. For some reason, what Callum's father did, what Callum did, never really crossed his mind as something that could destroy his life and his relationship. Until it did.

"Jason Smith? Really?" Callum muttered as he read up on the new identity that was given to him via the witness protection program.

"Jason is still okay," CeCe said as she rolled her eyes, "My name is supposed to be Mary? Mary Smith? I sound like a grandma of eight. Mary Smith is so mundane that it sounds unrealistic."

"CeCe.." Callum paused, this was the first full sentence that his sister had said to him ever since he confessed that he knew what their father was up to.

"Don't. I'm still mad at you." CeCe said, pointing a finger towards her brother before she turned and climbed up the stairs to her new room, one that was smaller than her walk in closet at the Kaufman Mansion.

"Out of all the fucking places, it had to be fucking Florida." Callum mumbled to himself once again. Callum closed the tab, and then opened a new one, typing in the name that's been on his mind 24/7.

The first article he saw was an editorial piece done on Tucker as the youngest District Attorney. Callum smiled to himself, feeling proud of the attorney. Callum never had any doubt that Tucker would fail, he did fear that maybe their association might damage his reputation, but he was glad to see that it didn't.

Callum clicked on another article, which was a recent interview of Tucker. Callum read through the entire thing, but when he read the last question, his heartbeat picked up. The question was whether Tucker knew about the kind of dealings the Kaufman family was involved in.

'If I had known what they were involved in, I would've taken the necessary steps to bring the guilty parties to justice. For me, the law comes above anything and everything else."

What hit Callum the most was that Tucker just wasn't saying this because it was the acceptable answer, but the fact that had Callum told him the truth then Tucker would've definitely done his part as a officer of the law. Callum picked up his phone, dialing the number of the special agent he was in contact with.

"Wilson." The agent said as he picked up the call.

"I want to talk to him," Callum said, "I know you're monitoring my calls and messages. So, I'm not asking you. I'm goinh to contact him."

"You can't do that." Agent Wilson sighed.

"I can and—"

"What makes you think he'll even talk to you?" The agent said, knowing that this would have a higher chance of preventing him from talking to Tucker.

"He has to." Callum tried his best to sound confident.

"No. No, he really doesn't," Agent Wilson continued, "He hates you. Get over it."

Callum hung up the call after that, throwing his phone on the ground with as much force as he could, breaking it. The truth was that Callum didn't have to ask Agent Wilson for permission. The reason why he called him was because Callum knew he would say something to stop him calling Tucker. And deep down, Callum knew that hearing Tucker's voice would not be good for his sanity.

"Still torn up over Tucker, huh?" CeCe said as she walked back into the living room, sitting on the couch next to Callum.

"Hasn't been all that long." Callum shrugged. It had only been a few weeks.

"I liked him," CeCe said softly, "Maybe once all of this is over.. you can go back to him?"

"I don't think he'll ever take me back." Callum let out a dry laugh.

"You don't know that. You won't know until you try." CeCe tried to convince Callum.

"I do know that. I know the type of man Tucker is. He's never going to forgive me." Callum replied, making his sister frown.

"But—"

"No buts, Cecelia. He hated the type of man I was since the beginning and I just proved him right. We were doomed from the start." Callum said.

"If you really believed that then you wouldn't have let yourself fall in love with him," CeCe retorted, "You had hope that things will work out. Don't lose that hope now."

"You know that it'll be years before we might get a chance at a normal life, right? And there's a possibility we might have to stay in hiding forever." Callum looked at his sister, whose frown deepened upon hearing this.

"Atleast we'll have each other."

"I thought you were mad at me?"

"I am."

~~~

Callum laid awake that night, staring at the ceiling as he thought about all that he had and all that he lost. He was thinking about one man in particular, not knowing that thousands of miles away, that man was thinking about Callum too.

***
hi there! I wanted to write this bonus chapter because I really wanted to write from Callum's POV as well.

as for the questions about a sequel— I will (most probably) not be writing one. for me, there was never a way (realistically) that tucker and callum could end up together, they were just way too different. but the reason I left the epilogue open ended was so that the readers can imagine however they want the ending of tuck and cal to be. was the man at the bar callum? maybe. maybe not.

if anyone has any prompts that they want me to write bonus chapters on then feel free to comment here or dm me :)