|| 27 ||

"So you mean to tell me. Y/N got kidnapped by some unknown person. And you didn't try to chase them?" Albedo, in his most skeptical, disappointed, and slightly freaked out voice, said.

Kaeya crossed his arms, slightly pouty, glaring at Diluc. Who, was only standing, not looking at anyone in the room.

"We can't blindly chase them, when we have no idea who they are, or where they're from. And what's their affiliation. Was that part of your Favonius training, Kaeya?" It was rare of Diluc to mention anything about his more... innocent past, in which made Kaeya perk up.

"You wouldn't also, be... upset about it. Would you?"

"If that's what it seems, then I guess your one eye isn't just for decoration." Diluc stood up taller than he ever has before.

"They mentioned, being called... what was it?" Kaeya started first. "Pulcinella?"

"The rooster." The two guys looked at Diluc. He just shrugged, as if it was natural that he would know the title.

He spent a long few years researching about the fatui. And about delusions.

"Pulcinella is a fatui harbinger." Kaeya, tapped his chin in thought. Mildly placing his blue haired ponytail behind his shoulder. His eyes lit up in realization. "Speaking of fatui harbingers—"

He was cut off when Albedo had used his knees, bumping them behind Kaeya's, making the taller male lose his balance. And I'm which, he ever elegantly rolled onto the couch.

"What about fatui harbingers?" Diluc asked.

"Nothing." Albedo answered in Kaeya's stead. "I've seen one fatu harbinger before." He stated.

"You have? When? Where—?"

"Yes. I have. A couple weeks or days ago. Near my home. I believe his name was... Childe?"

Kaeya popped his head up from the couch. Placing his chin on the top of the cushioned head rest. "The ginger haired, tall guy, who's a smooth talker?"

Diluc slowly turned his head towards Kaeya, narrowing his eyes in his direction. Looking at him with the most questioning look.

"What?"

"So why do you know who the alchemist is talking about?"

"I just saw him. And he winked at me. So I just assumed he was a smooth talker. And he was a tall ginger. He was also dragging a body across the ground when I was at Dragonspine for a little visit."

"Ignoring most of the context—" Albedo coughed in his fist, changing the subject. "We could try to ask him."

"What?" Diluc said, annoyed. Albedo rolled his eyes from how pissy Diluc was being at the moment.

"We could try to ask—"

"I heard that part. But why exactly."

Kaeya got up from the couch. "To understand a harbinger, you ask a harbinger."

"That's in most case of burglary. To know a thief, you need to be a thief. It's completely different." Diluc fired back, heatedly.

"Your point is? A fatui thief, thieved Y/N. So it's in context."

"That's just outright ridiculous."

"You're ridiculous!"

"RETRIBUTIO—"

"GUYS!" Albedo yelled. For once in his life. "SHUT UP! I WOULD HAVE RATHER BEEN BABYSITTING KLEE THAN BABYSITTING TWO FULL GROWN ADULTS ARGUING!"