Part 11

"What do you mean!? Ken-chin he didn't do anything wrong! Why would he be arrested?" Mikey asked out, looking up at his best friend across the diner table. Draken took a deep breath before sighing, having his arm extended atop the booth seat.

"I never said he was arrested, Mikey-" Draken was saying calmly before he was interrupted once again.

"But you said police took him! Why didn't Mitsuya do anything? Why didn't Asahi?! He's as big as an adult anyways!" Mikey spoke, his voice rising more and more as he began to get more worried. Why today? He'd had this date in his mind since they planned it out a week ago. He was going to ask him out again at the end, just as he planned.

"Mikey, stop interrupting me dipshit! You won't learn anything from that! They said they just wanted to ask him some questions and then they'd take him home. He still wants to go on the date, nothings changed! He just might be late but he will still be there!" Draken explained causing the commander of Toman's eyes to slightly soften, nodding as he looked down at his kid's meal.

"There was nothing the two of them could do, you and I both know that. Now eat, I'm sure he'll be here soon. You brought your clothes with you, right?" Draken asked the boy about the clothes he'd helped him pick out. Mikey nodded, motioning to a small bag sitting next to him.

The two sat there eating their lunch in the diner that Mikey and Akira had agreed to meet to get food for their date, Mikey falling asleep nearly directly after eating, Draken shaking his head and opening up his phone to pass time.

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

It'd been around fifteen minutes past the original start time for the date, Draken playing a boring game on his phone. The ding of the diner opening caused the boy to look up, Akira walking in wearing nice street clothes causing the boy to smile.

"Yo, Mikey," Draken spoke as he used his lanky leg to kick the sleeping boy lightly, waking him up.

"Mmm, more sleep," Mikey muttered out as Akira smiled at Draken, sliding into the booth next to the tall boy.

"You good?" Draken asked causing Akira to nod, leaning against the padded back of the seat.

"Things are about to get a lot weirder, that's for sure," Akira spoke causing Draken to shrug.

"Things have been getting weirder since you and Takemitchy showed up," Draken spoke causing Akira to raise an eyebrow as the corners of his mouth tilted up into a smirk.

"You love us, Ken-chin," Akira spoke, his smirk slightly changing the tone of his words. Draken rolled his eyes before sighing,

"Maybe," Draken spoke causing Akira to chuckle before looking at the blonde puff of hair poking up from under the table.

"You got him? Emma is driving me up a wall texting me." Draken spoke causing Akira to nod at the man, getting up from the booth to let him slide out. They dapped each other up before Draken walked out, grimacing down at his phone.

Akira smiled to himself as he walked towards the boy, coming fully around the table to find his hand resting on a book bag, the boy wearing a comfortable-looking set of sweats and a hoodie. The boy reached down, lightly tapping his feet.

"Hey, fun-sized..." Akira mumbled, Mikey's eyes opening at the sound of his crush's voice. He looked up, smiling tiredly at the black-haired boy who was dressed nicely, his hair sticking in different directions.

"Aki, you came," Mikey spoke, sitting up and looking at the boy while his tired smile still lingered on his face. Akira slightly frowned as he slid into the booth next to the boy, using his hands to tap against the tabletop. Did Mikey think he wouldn't come?